Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge

Big Andy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge

Well it's 5:30pm and I'm chancing it by calling in sick. I rang Dave at 4pm and they've said they're STILL trying to find my heads-up opponent. This is doing my head in and certainly not the best of preparations. :(
Hmmmm ..... good luck mate - hope you get it on :ok

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge Just got phoned. They're having problems getting through to the technical department of PokerRoom to set things up so we're setting up a private tournament with three $5 heads-up matches. If I win, I get to keep the money. If I lose, I might get reimbursed. Another phone call at 7:50pm. The best-of-three match is schedule for 8pm onwards. ....still no idea who I'm up against. Gonna get some practice in then (at, um VC Poker).

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge He got bored and represented a flush and went all-in. I made a 9 high straight on the river. At that stage, I didn't care and neither did he as he knew he was onto a winner either way. He had a pair of 9s with a 3 kicker. Consolation win but I'll take it. He was good but if it wasn't for the full house in the first game then it might have been a little different. I'm taking my money out as soon as I can. I believe the conspiracy theoriists on their talkboards who aren't happy with their RNG (am I a sore loser? I didn't even have much of a chance to be a sore loser). I was getting low cards and the flop was coming high, I was dealt high cards and the flop was low. I can't bluff, most of my weapons are taken out. Danny Williams might have once won a fight with just one arm but I fooking can't. I don't play well when I get dealt a bad beat and in the second game, I get to the river to get a 10 high straight only to find he was slow-playing a made jack-high straight. I'm like a more weepy Mike Matusow. I've got a slight tear in my left eye now. I'm getting some sort of consolation prize. Now, this is my worst poker moment. My nightmare from yesterday came true. I'll write some sort of rundown of what happened later. I'm not so much shell-shocked but stupefied. :sad

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge I pulled a four outer out of my ass playing a $10 TURBO HU match (my first ever and my first ever $10 HU match OOOH! :eyes) just when my made two pair turned into a full house on the river beating the made spade flush on the turn. The RNG will make you cry. I feel slightly less downbeat but it does make you wonder. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. A7s (them) versus A3 clubs (me). (F) 3s Ad 2s (T) 5s ® 3d pr1.jpg I don't get how I'm only up my $2.50 after those four matches (fooking rake) after I put $250 in. Oh well, let's see if can get back $11 when Dave rings me back tomorrow....I might be getting some poker chip set that nobody wanted. Happy ****ING Christmas, everyone. :$ :sad

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge Oh dear. It's like I'm on drugs or something to try and cheer myself up. Two-wins-in-a-row now albeit a $5 + $0.50 format. pr2.jpg What the **** happened? Did I choke or let tilt get the better of me? It's only fun when you're getting cards that you can play. :cry A measly $7 profit. W3 L2.

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge

What the **** happened? Did I choke or let tilt get the better of me? It's only fun when you're getting cards that you can play. :cry .
Cheer up mate - ANY muppet can win one off!!!!!!! Cant read anything into one HU game!!!!!

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge Yeah, I fell victim to some stunning cooler hands. I can console myself that I didn't lose 3-0 like grandchien. I'll get it over eventually (somehow). I will make it into 2006. Who the **** is this guy? Only registered on the 19th December? From what I remember: 1. An epic up-and-down match that saw him go ahead with some easy steals. I even managed to come from behind and get my total over $2000 at one stage and then some calls where I had some high cards but couldn't connect with the flop and wouldn't call any of Alex's raises meaning he took the lead. ...and then the all-in coup with two pair of 10s and 6s versus made king-high diamond flush and then up pops the ten of spades to seal the win. 0-1. 2. A bad early call when they got a Jack high straight on the flop and then suckered me when I finally caught a ten high straight on the river by going all-in. Ouch 25o for me making two pair on the flop and they get a made spade flush which KOs me as I'm on tilt. 0-2. 3. As described above, a bit touchy feely and Alex went in for the kill. Managed to make it all the way to fiver and despite a third diamond, I couldn't care if Alex had the flush. Alex was holding a pair of 9s. 1-2. I'm re-reading the last three challenge matches and it looks like I was the most coolered (you can suggest that minjita leading Jimi the Pin to the river with a flush vesus a straight was brutal or that skrabe's ATo beating grandchien's pair of 9s on the river were brutal but I got three of them!!). I'll stop moaning sometime (honest!). I think the torture of myself will last arounda month and a half. At this moment in time, I'm no good to anybody (wonder how grandchien's feeling?).

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge Won four-in-a-row now. My latest was at Betfred and I've won a seat into Betfred's Christmas Day $2,500 Ipod final for $6 ($5.50 + $0.50 HU satellite). bhuvb.jpg I am putting my high profile loss yesterday down as a fcuking fluke (either that or I can only beat muppets, I dunno). :@ EDIT: No response from Poker Player. Either they're hastily arranging somebody else as a likely winner for the next issue or regret ever taking me on as a challenger. I'd still like my $11 back and whatever consolation prize they were supposed to give me.

• 4 weeks later...