Racing Chat - Tuesday 30th July

Goodwood 1.50
Day one of the five day Goodwood meeting kicks off with the ITV televised Coral Chesterfield Cup Handicap run over 1M 2F with a first place purse of £51,400. A maximum field of eighteen have declared with the standout piece of form coming from the Roger Varian trained Enfjaar who took the John Smiths Cup at York 17 days ago. The Shadwell Estates pwned Lope De Vega gelding ran out a 1 3/4L winner that day with the re-opposing Tony Montana (3rd), Take Heart (8th), Dual Identity (9th), Crack Shot (14th) and Killybegs Warrior (26th and last) all behind. A 6lb rise looks fair enough and although he heads the market I feel he can confirm the form and win again with Jim Crowley replacing Jack Mitchell. The best of the bigger priced horses may well be the Hughie Morrison trained Stay Well who is 11lb better off for a 1 3/4L beating from Enfjaar at Chelmsford back in June.

ENFJAAR 1 point win @ 3/1 bet365

Goodwood 2.25
Eight runners have declared for the Group 2 HKJC World Pool Vintage Stakes for two-year-olds run over 7F. Theres not much between the whole field with the likes of the Godolphin runner Aomori City and the Aidan O’Brien representative The Parthenon holding definite claims but at a bigger price I’ll chance the Clive Cox trained Arabian Sun who is the only horse in the field who has experience of this track when runner up on his debut prior to winning at Salisbury 18 days later in a race in which the runner up and fourth have both won since. He’ll have to improve again but that is quite possible and at a double figure price and fingers crossed eight runners he appeals to me.

ARABIAN SUN 1 point each way @ 16/1 bet365 1/5th 123

Goodwood 3.00
Eight run in the £102,078 to the winner HKJC World Pool Lennox Stakes, a Group 2 contest run over 7F. Audience has it to do under a 5lb penalty for his Lockinge victory whilst the improving English Oak looks a possible although this is a step up in grade having won the Buckingham Palace Stakes Handicap at Royal Ascot last time out. He has another 7lb to reach the top rated here but can still run well. The bet however has to be Ralph Beckett’s Kinross who has form figures in this race over the past three years that read 121. His two starts over 6F this season should have got him ready for this and although he would prefer easier ground he did win at York at the Ebor meeting last season on genuine good to firm so maybe as he’s got older he acts on any terrain. He looks a solid bet here.

KINROSS 1 point win @ 3/1 William Hill

Goodwood 3.35
Just seven stayers run in the Group 1 Goodwood Cup run over a trip of two miles. Aidan O’Brien’s stout stayer Kyprios beat Stradivarius in this race two years ago and has come back as good as ever this season in winning all three of his starts most notably the Ascot Gold Cup over half a mile further with Sweet William (3rd), Coltrane (5th) and Gregory (7th) behind and looking held. With drying ground looking to be against the two mudlarks Trueshan and Tashkhan this looks Kyprios’s to lose and he’s a confident selection although too short to back on his own.

Continuing the new system ....top 3 rAted backed to BSP .....

150 good 

Enfjaar  334 

Tony Montana.  328 

Take heart.  322 

410 good 

Equilateral  400

Fair wind.  393

Rocking ends. 390 .

520 good 

Moon spirit. 388 

Queens reign. 385 

Mercury day.  380 

555 good 

Aramus grey. 377

Katey content  370 

Star of lady m. 365  

2 pt wins all 3 in each race at BSP 

And my side bets I'm going to try and get a forecast double ....if I can do that successfully then Ill try a forecast treble next to win huge money ..  ....

Forecast doubles... 3 each race 

150 with 410. 

410 with 520 

520 with 555 

36 bets each set (3x3) .  X 5p  = 1.80 per set 

3sets is 5.40 total 

Edited by richard-westwood

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.