We Need YOUR Input ​🙏​

On the subject of the ELO ratings, there seems to be a disconnect between the degree of interest in them and the posting of any selections apparently based on them. 

Maybe it falls down the "too many threads" crevice but it would be good if anyone who is making use of the ratings could post some of there selections and explain their approach to using them.

40 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

On the subject of the ELO ratings, there seems to be a disconnect between the degree of interest in them and the posting of any selections apparently based on them. 

Maybe it falls down the "too many threads" crevice but it would be good if anyone who is making use of the ratings could post some of there selections and explain their approach to using them.

Showing how they can find value might help. Perhaps proofing them would be useful, with selections based on them put up on here like the straight football tips.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

I didn't know you worked in TV, what was Leonard Sachs like? (a joke for our younger members there).

One second, good evening ladies and gentlemen.

Razia logically euphemistic for your edification in a fluorescent highfalutin flamboyance is primarily promoting the prestigious players theatre plus none other than Mr John Inman.

20 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

This isn't going to be very helpful but I don't see any issues with the way the forum is atm.

I concur!

I have seen many a great app become horrible because a developer tried to make it 'better'!

I certainly agree with and applaud the aim of the task but please, please ensure it retains it's simplicity and usability.  It doesn't look ugly but I'd rather have something that looks ugly but works than something that is amazingly beautiful but is a pain to use.  Basically, I don't want to have to read a manual to use it!

7 minutes ago, Xray said:

I concur!

I have seen many a great app become horrible because a developer tried to make it 'better'!

I certainly agree with and applaud the aim of the task but please, please ensure it retains it's simplicity and usability.  It doesn't look ugly but I'd rather have something that looks ugly but works than something that is amazingly beautiful but is a pain to use.  Basically, I don't want to have to read a manual to use it!

that's what this thread is for really. No plans to be massively different. 

7 minutes ago, Zidane123 said:

I would like to have football monthly competitions with  cash prizes.

What sort do you have in mind? We already have the Last Man Standing, Football Tipster, and Fantasy Football competitions so would you want something along those lines but categorised monthly rather than quarterly or however long they take to complete or a different kind of competition altogether?

3 hours ago, Fader said:

i have been trying to find the old pages but can't find them anywhere

Shame. I lost thousands of likes and I've always wanted them back :lol or at least I think it was likes. It's such a long time ago. I can remember when all the sub forums were crammed together at the top of the main page in tiny writing. You wouldn't have liked that for navigation @MCLARKE :lol

I also lost my 'status' in an update and I've been a 'new member' ever since :lol

Edited by Torque

34 minutes ago, Torque said:

Shame. I lost thousands of likes and I've always wanted them back :lol or at least I think it was likes. It's such a long time ago. I can remember when all the sub forums were crammed together at the top of the main page in tiny writing. You wouldn't have liked that for navigation @MCLARKE :lol

I also lost my 'status' in an update and I've been a 'new member' ever since :lol

status and the names of each achievement is also something we may look at. 

OK, here we go! @Fader and I have taken into account your valued views and we have come up with the following as a proposal for a new forum structure. We want to say that we fully accept we won't be able to please everyone. As you can all see in this thread, some views oppose each other but that's the beauty of our forum, right? It's a broad church. So we've done our best to take the most ideas you've proposed for the forum restructure and use them where we can to create the best layout possible without sacrificing too much.

We plan to go live with this early next week, but we wanted to share our proposal so you can all give us any thoughts you have on it. That way, if there is something we've missed or not considered, or even something you all haven't thought of yet, then we can consider those suggestions. Feel free to comment below. We appreciate every bit of input you members give us. :notworthy

newforumstructure.jpg

I like that proposed layout @StevieDay1983

Only thing I would suggest is maybe on the Football section, have a main category called 'Matchday' this would be akin and like the equivalent of 'At The Races' in the horse racing section. And then within this 'Matchday' section you could have topics areas saying 'Football chat games- Fri 9th August to Mon 12th August' etc. then this would hopefully cover a variety of leagues in one thread.

But also there could be specified EPL and EFL only topic threads in there also should people purely focus on those leagues only. 

Just now, MinellaWorksop said:

Only thing I would suggest is maybe on the Football section, have a main category called 'Matchday' this would be akin and like the equivalent of 'At The Races' in the horse racing section. And then within this 'Matchday' section you could have topics areas saying 'Football chat games- Fri 9th August to Mon 12th August' etc. then this would hopefully cover a variety of leagues in one thread.

But also there could be specified EPL and EFL only topic threads in there also should people purely focus on those leagues only. 

like the idea of a "matchday" idea where you can also incorporate live chat in essence, of the current match

Just now, MinellaWorksop said:

Yeah, this would be a thread we would create in the Other Football section. The plan is to have that as a bit of a sand pit for people so we can have allocated competition threads in there but people can also post their individual match bets. We can also post up a thread for a certain date so all bets for that day can go in there. It gives everyone more flexibility.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to We Need YOUR Input ​🙏​

I only really use the horse racing section when time isn't at a premium & the only real bug bearer is that the Cheltenham main thread lingers for too long before being taken down & much like the mainstream media nowadays in the horse racing season both Cheltenham & Royal Ascot are the be all & end all & everything else is immaterial maybe Punters Lounge could buck that trend & promote more of the other 3/4 day race meetings / festivals & if possible & allowed also promote the sponsor be it the bet365 Gold Cup or the Betfred Derby because good PR works both ways .

Edited by calva decoy

On 7/25/2024 at 1:56 PM, Trotter said:

I'd like to see a big revamp of the football sections ........there's far too many subsections

I bet on football pretty much every day but I never post on PL ....... it's too fragmented. 

Also you might be having a yankee on games in 4 different countries or 4 different leagues or even 4 different continents ..... where would you post it ?

I'd like to see one football forum akin to the Racing Forum with a daily thread for today's bets and news and other threads as and when somebody wants to post something related to the great game

It works fine for racing !

I second that! I can never seem to find what i'm looking for on there. 

Sorry, should have read on first, don't know what number it should have been, but it wasn't second...i'll tenth that. (when i looked on here yesterday no one had posted, so i was surprised how many comments there were.) 

Edited by LeMale
Mentioned many times

21 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

What sort do you have in mind? We already have the Last Man Standing, Football Tipster, and Fantasy Football competitions so would you want something along those lines but categorised monthly rather than quarterly or however long they take to complete or a different kind of competition altogether?

I wanted it to be on a monthly basis where tipsters are able to send lot of tips . (Unlike the others where we send tips only once a week). That would be so good. 

1 hour ago, Zidane123 said:

I wanted it to be on a monthly basis where tipsters are able to send lot of tips . (Unlike the others where we send tips only once a week). That would be so good. 

Sounds a bit like the racing nap competition.

One tip a day, minimum of 14 a month.

The thing is football has 3 money comps, racing has 3 and other sports get the odd one now and again. 

I can only think of golf getting the odd one but I've only been on the site since 2019.

Football needs to be more combined rather than individual leagues. The bookmakers offer UK football all in one place, and as most people will pick selections from different divisions, having them all in one place would hopefully work better and encourage people to put their bets up on the forum.

2 hours ago, tonythepaint said:

Sounds a bit like the racing nap competition.

One tip a day, minimum of 14 a month.

The thing is football has 3 money comps, racing has 3 and other sports get the odd one now and again. 

I can only think of golf getting the odd one but I've only been on the site since 2019.

ideal world we will have comps for Golf, Tennis and Darts