Racing Chat Tuesday 18th June. Inc Ascot

4.25 Royal Ascot

Notable Speech looks and exciting horse. Having won three times right handed on Kempton all weather he then stepped up to win the 2,000 Guineas in great style, the second home that day along with the sixth and ninth have all gone on to win Group Races with the third home going on to be runner up in the Irish 2000 Guineas, the  fourth home then went on to finish fourth in the Qatar Prix du Jockey Club, the form could hardly be more impressive. Trading at around 2.44 on Betfair.

6.15 Royal Ascot

A Piece Of Heaven in this very open looking handicap may be the way to go.  You could argue that he hasnt beaten much and is too short a price but its the manner of last two vicotries that have caught the eye, he could hardly have been more impressive in either. He's gone up in the ratings from 85 to 101 quite quickly and now switched to Joseph O'Brien and still lightly raced for his age,  if JO'B can eek out a little more improvement then he might just go close. Currently 7.6 on Betfair and around 2.3 to place.

Good luck today whatever you back or lay.

A couple of stable switchers:

Forever William 3.55 Stratford 14/1
Zanndabad (IRE) 5.05 Ascot 11/2

Two at Stratford that interest me. One being King Ottis in the 3.55. In very good form and although upped in class to a class 3 he’s carrying a featherweight with his claimer. There should be a strong pace for his to aim at in the closing stages and 6/1 is a good price I think. 

The second horse runs in the 4.35 and is just one of those horses I’ve always liked. Storm Control drops into class 4 for the first time since the start of his chasing career. The last couple of years have not been very productive but he’s got some very smart form from before that. He’s drifted massively to 25/1 but  I’d be kicking myself if he won today at that price . Hopefully he’s got some sparkle left and can put in a front running display . 

5 points win King Ottis and 2.50 ew on Storm Control 3 places .

Edited by Villa Chris

5 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Speed

230    1 flight plan                  2 audience              3 majloom/factor chaval

305    1 cool hoof luke          2 al qudra                3 the actor

345    1 regional                     ew emeraaty ana

Quite happy with those figures results. Regional beaten by an aussie which are hard to rate, i thought Cool Hoof (i got 80/1) did great al qudra just behind it in 5th so not a million miles away in the most competitive of races. Downside i didnt have charyn in top 3 rated so that is a really improved horse.

2 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Two at Stratford that interest me. One being King Ottis in the 3.55. In very good form and although upped in class to a class 3 he’s carrying a featherweight with his claimer. There should be a strong pace for his to aim at in the closing stages and 6/1 is a good price I think. 

The second horse runs in the 4.35 and is just one of those horses I’ve always liked. Storm Control drops into class 4 for the first time since the start of his chasing career. The last couple of years have not been very productive but he’s got some very smart form from before that. He’s drifted massively to 25/1 but  I’d be kicking myself if he won today at that price . Hopefully he’s got some sparkle left and can put in a front running display . 

5 points win King Ottis and 2.50 ew on Storm Control 3 places .

King Otis ran well enough to finish third but the winner won well. Will remain competitive at this level I should think.  Storm Control ran his best race for a while to finish 3rd for ew money.  Hopefully he can build on the run but clearly isn’t the force of old. 

+ 5 points profit from the two bets .

7 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Lucky 63 , 63 X 0.15 = £9.45

2.30 Charyn 3/1 1st 

3.45 Regional 4/1 2nd 

4.25 Henry Longfellow 4/1 2nd 

5.05 Zanndabad 3/1

5.40 Israr 7/2 1st 

6.15 Party Central 12/1

Potential returns £10,394.85

3.98 returned 

+29.45 on the day