** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship Predictions > 29th & 30th April

image.png

2 catch up games ahead of the final round of fixtures next weekend. Leicester already promoted but could be confirmed as Champions depending on how these games play out. Let us know if you like any bets on either of these games.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Coventry v Ipswich tonight interests me. In the EFL Championship this season, Leicester top the league for goals in second half. 2nd and 3rd is Ipswich and Coventry and now they go up against each other.

5pts Half with most goals (2nd) evens paddypower

My first thought was I'd rather back >1.5 2nd half goals as it's often a similar price but, at 7/10, it's perhaps shorter than I was expecting. That said, it's still a runner regardless of how many goals there might be before the break. Also 13/8 for btts in the second half might be ok. Will have a look at the scorers for this one. Won on Hirst last time out but Coventry strike me as a team where I always manage to back the wrong player. Will see if I can buck that trend tonight.

Done a quick "heat map" for tonight's game (basically seeing who's scored each team's last 25 goals to get a feel for who's hot and not).

Coventry scored 28 goals in their last 13 games, scored in 11 of them with BTTS landing in 9. For Ipswich it's 27 in 12, scoring in 10 and BTTS in 7.

Looking at the bets mentioned in the previous posts, BTTS in the 2nd half landed 9 times in those 25 games so 13/8 would've made a small loss but might be ok tonight given both teams' ability to score (there are some 1 sided matches in the sample). 2nd half was the highest scoring 8 times but >1.5 landed 15 times so I think I prefer that option despite the shorter odds. Got a Betbuilder freebie that needs using so might bear all that in mind!

In terms of who's hot it's very much Simms (13 goals including 2 braces and 2 hat tricks) and Wright (7, 1 brace, 3 pens) for Coventry with Tavares the only other player to score 3 goals.

Less dominance for Ipswich; Hutchinson 6 goals including 2 braces, then just Chaplin, Moore and Hamadi managing 3 apiece.

Players in bold expected to start according to the RP preview. Now to see if that suggests any actual bets!

35 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Got a Betbuilder freebie that needs using so might bear all that in mind!

Gone 6/1 for >0.5 1st half goals, btts to score in the 2nd half and Simms (easily the hottest player) to score.

Bit of an interest for all of the above digging and uses the freebie before it expires. Scorer prices looking a bit skinny at the moment but see what the line-ups bring.