Racing Chat - TUESDAY 13th February

Newcastle

4.24 - CHURCHELLA 3/1 William Hill .

6.30 - MASTER DANDY 5/1 bet365 .

7.00 - THE LIEGEMAN 9/2 William Hill .

not 1 even placed , in fact , only 2 horses on the whole of the Newcastle card got placed similar to bad run throughout this month , definitely time for a break & a refresh , common sense stuff .

Edited by calva decoy

Newc 4.24

Captain Square EW at 22/1 wm hill

A race full of fairly exposed class 6 handicappers. Two or three of them are in form at their level but I'm hoping my selection might just be a bit better

He won a couple of class 4 hurdle races in 2022 then had well over a year off until re-appearing a few weeks ago at Lingfield where he weakened in the final furlong. With that run under his belt and hopefully fitter today hopefully he can improve. The handicapper dropped him a couple of pounds after Lingfield

Newc 4.58

Bernie The Bear 9/2 wm hill

Another class 6 handicap here over 7 furlongs

My angle here is that the race is full of milers coming down in trip whereas my selection is a sprinter going up in trip (tho' he has won over 7 furlongs)

To be honest I'm not not totally convinced about this because over the straight mile at Newcastle I like horses that have won over a furlong further than today's race because they need more stamina on a straight track

But with pretty much all of them being milers except mine they'll all be dashing off to make it a test of stamina and my horse might be able to sit in and pounce late when they all begin to tire

That's the theory !

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Newc 4.24

Captain Square EW at 22/1 wm hill

A race full of fairly exposed class 6 handicappers. Two or three of them are in form at their level but I'm hoping my selection might just be a bit better

He won a couple of class 4 hurdle races in 2022 then had well over a year off until re-appearing a few weeks ago at Lingfield where he weakened in the final furlong. With that run under his belt and hopefully fitter today hopefully he can improve. The handicapper dropped him a couple of pounds after Lingfield

grrr ...... finished 3rd but a non runner meant only 2 places