Premier League '24

Fader

Yes, though the first three are more of a "sure thing" than Price (reflected in the outright odds as well). Price/Cross(/Smith?) is not that clear-cut maybe.

That said, I like Price to win tonight. Firstly, it is in Cardiff, so a rare home advantage for him (and he won it last time if I remember right), and secondly Littler/Humphries/MVG are on the other side of the bracket. So basically he "only" has to beat Aspinall and Cross to reach the final.

1pt Littler to win PL and Worlds 2025 - 20/1 boosted with PP

yes, it seems ridiculous, but I did a similar bet with Humpries to win multiple tournaments and i can't see Littler NOT making the final four in this event. Therefor, 20/1 for him to win 2 matches in this and then go on to win a Worlds? hmm, I'll take it with small stakes.

8 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Yes, though the first three are more of a "sure thing" than Price (reflected in the outright odds as well). Price/Cross(/Smith?) is not that clear-cut maybe.

That said, I like Price to win tonight. Firstly, it is in Cardiff, so a rare home advantage for him (and he won it last time if I remember right), and secondly Littler/Humphries/MVG are on the other side of the bracket. So basically he "only" has to beat Aspinall and Cross to reach the final.

I agree that Price looks like the pick tonight but he seems to have a bit of a problem beating Littler :D

1 minute ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Yeah, but maybe it's a Price/MVG or Price/Humphries final in a more traditional vein... 

Yeah, like you say, he won at Cardiff, last year. However, with average performances. He really should at least make the final and so at 7/2 outright then it's the best pick.

4pts Cross to beat Wright and hit most 180s 5/4 Paddypower
3pts Humphries and Littler both to hit 100+ checkout 4/1 Skybet
2pts Cross, Price, Littler and MVG all to win 9/2 Skybet
1pt Price v Littler final (tonight) 7/1 Skybet
0.5pts Smith and Humphries to hit most 180s in their matches / MVG and Littler to win the matches and hit the highest checkout 50/1 Skybet

36 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

AND starts with a 140, while Smith with a 60... it was really absurd.

I say this with tongue in cheek really but it was so bad that Id be looking at betting patterns with that one :D;) 

I’ve not had a bet on the Premier League yet this year, but PaddyPower are offering 66/1 on Peter Wright to win tonight, which has tempted me to have a dabble. Wright is generally not playing well at the moment, but in an 8 runner race, I’m not sure his odds should be that high - he only has to win three matches.

His confidence may have been boosted by a semi-final run at the Players Championships on Tuesday and he should get a fair amount of support from the crowd with it being in Glasgow tonight.

I’ve backed him at 66/1 each-way (one-third the odds for a spot in the final).

On 2/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, Foo_Fighter said:

I'm backing Littler & Price tonight. 

Whilst it's not the nicest route. Having to beat Littler, Humphries and then MVG, I think the 13/2 on offer for Price to win Night 3 is a good one. Although I find it disgusting that the bookies offer 1/3rd of each way price with 2 places. How is that fair?

2pts Price to win Night 3 13/2 Bet365

29 minutes ago, daveg said:

I’ve not had a bet on the Premier League yet this year, but PaddyPower are offering 66/1 on Peter Wright to win tonight, which has tempted me to have a dabble. Wright is generally not playing well at the moment, but in an 8 runner race, I’m not sure his odds should be that high - he only has to win three matches.

His confidence may have been boosted by a semi-final run at the Players Championships on Tuesday and he should get a fair amount of support from the crowd with it being in Glasgow tonight.

I’ve backed him at 66/1 each-way (one-third the odds for a spot in the final).

You're right. 66/1 is ridiculous. If he plays well and beats MVG then he's likely to make the final.

in Scotland, too. The only Scot in it... value.

Skybet offering Littler 3+ 180s and 2+ 100+ checkouts against Price. 8/1

The pair have played twice. Both times Littler won.

1st match he hit 2 180s and hit 2+ 100+ checkouts.
2nd match he hit 4 180s and 1+ 100+ checkouts

I'm of the opinion that Price performs tonight and so that might be abit of value.

9 hours ago, amity said:

Poor last leg from Humps, shame he couldn't finish the job, MVG starting to build serious momentum now. Hope that Humphreys and Littler can ensure he doesn't start to dominate like he used to.

I can't see it. MVG was rubbish against Wright and won the night with averages of 89, 99 & 93.

Darts is so mental. players always play the name and not the board. You saw it with Price last night. He saw the Littler win as something huge for him. Which tells me that he already thinks that the kid is better than him.

13 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Two guys that look promising to me at the moment are De Decker and Menzies. I tried the Belgian to win the worlds (LOL), but of course he failed at the big stage... but on the floor he can score for sure.

Yeah, I went with De Decker on the last one and he was unlucky. I will be with him again on the next. Menzies always seems to have that crazy game in him where he underperforms, for me.

• Fader changed the title to Premier League '24

I notice that William Hill are offering 4/6 on a nine darter to be thrown in the Premier League, including the playoffs. Considering that two different players missed it by one dart last night, I think there's a pretty good chance of this happening over the remaining nights. There's also Gary Anderson missing the final dart twice during the Players Championship the other day (admittedly he's not in the Premier League, but still it seems more players are getting very close to a nine darter these days). 

For me, it's worth the risk even at relatively short odds, to throw a few quid on. 

Edited by amity

39 minutes ago, amity said:

I notice that William Hill are offering 4/6 on a nine darter to be thrown in the Premier League, including the playoffs. Considering that two different players missed it by one dart last night, I think there's a pretty good chance of this happening over the remaining nights. There's also Gary Anderson missing the final dart twice during the Players Championship the other day (admittedly he's not in the Premier League, but still it seems more players are getting very close to a nine darter these days). 

For me, it's worth the risk even at relatively short odds, to throw a few quid on. 

Anderson missed it 3 times. I heard a stat (can't remember the exact number) but basically, there have been more "last dart misses" of a 9-darter than ever.

Id be a bit greedy and look for 2 or more 9-Darters.