FA Cup Predictions > 3rd to 5th November

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's the first round of the FA Cup and a huge number of games to get stuck into. Probably just a matter of looking at the goalscorer markets in the televised games for me but a chance for those with expertise at lower and non-league level to make hay perhaps. Any favourites who aren't as short as they should be or dogs who you expect to bark? Let us know below what bets you unearth on these games.

My thoughts on this weekends FA Cup action.

Sheppey v Walsall
This should be a complete mis-match and it should be an easy win for Walsall on ITV4 on Friday night. Sheppey play at Step 4 in the same league as one of my local teams Beckenham and whilst I have not had chance to watch them this season yet, I did go a few times last season including when Beckenham were hammered by Dagenham in the FA Cup. Given Beckenham reached the play-offs in the end it gives me a good guide that Sheppey, who are worse than that Beckenham side, shouldn't really be capable of giving a League 2 side with too many concerns. I will be taking Walsall on the -2 handicap as given the game is on TV I suspect they will put out a strong line-up to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

Eastleigh v Boreham Wood
All National League tie and whilst I tried to take Boreham Wood on in the previous round I am with them here. I think they have improved since beating Welling and Eastleigh just seem to be all over the place at the moment. Capable of good performances, but then terrible for others including last week against Maidenhead. For me Boreham Wood are just too big a price given there is very little between the two sides.

Oxford United v Maidenhead
Taking a huge flyer with this one, but Maidenhead have certainly improved their performances recently and whilst they travel to 2nd in League 1, I suspect Oxford don't really care too much about the FA Cup this season given getting into the Championship would be a huge achievement. Alan Devonshire loves to cause upsets in the league and whilst chances are they will lose, I give them a slightly better chance than the odds suggest so will take a punt on them to cause a big upset.

Ramsgate v Woking
A chance this game wont take place, but Ramsgate look a very strong Step 4 side this season and did very well to beat Totton in the previous round. We can ignore their FA Trophy defeat on Tuesday as they rested players for this game and I think they have a chance of beating Woking who just haven't convinced me at all of late.

Sutton v AFC Fylde
Sutton are really struggling in League 2 this season and they might well be coming back to Non-League football. Whilst Fylde have struggled as well, they have improved hugely since sacking their manager and the two wins over Oldham and Gateshead have been superb. Play like they did in those two games and they have a great chance of winning a fixture which could be a league game next season.

Yeovil v Gateshead
I feared for Gateshead when they lost their manager to MK Dons and they drew with Rochdale before that heavy defeat to Fylde as mentioned above. Yeovil are beginning to look really good in the National League South and they do look like the most likely title winners right now. I'm sure though they will be keen to beat a National League side to prove how good they are and with Gateshead looking vulnerable right now this looks like a good chance for the home side.

Slough v Grimsby
Not a huge surprise that Grimsby sacked Paul Hurst last weekend given they have really struggled for form and they have picked up just 2 points away from home this season. I've tried backing Slough a few times recently and they keep drawing, but I do think they are better than their league position suggests and they could make things very tricky for their League 2 opponents on Sunday afternoon.

Charlton v Cray Valley Paper Mills
I must admit I didn't expect this game to be on TV because Charlton are at home, but given there is just 3 miles between the two sides grounds I guess that trumped the fact it is the league side at home. I know Cray did us a big favour in the FA Trophy last week and at home they might have had a small chance, but I just can't see how Charlton don't make sure they aren't embarrassed on TV by their local small Non-League club. League 1 to Step 4 is a huge gulf and they should be capable of over coming the -3 handicap.

Acca
I have come up with a 6-fold of teams I think look bankers over the weekend. Friday's 2 games should go the way of the League sides so Barnsley and Walsall hopefully get the acca off to a good start. On Saturday I think Bristol Rovers, Cambridge United and Stockport will beat Whitby, Bracknell and Worksop respectively. Finally we may as well put Charlton as they ought to boost the returns even at around 1/10.

Prices taken from around 9.30pm on Wednesday.

Walsall -2 1pt @ 11/5 with Coral (23/10 with Paddy Power and Betfair take up to 7/4)
Boreham Wood 1pt @ 9/4 with Skybet, Paddy Power, William Hill, Betfair and Paddy Power (365 are 5/2 and take up to 15/8)
Maidenhead 1pt @ 8/1 with William Hill (9/1 with Ladbrokes and Coral and take up to 6/1)
Ramsgate 1pt @ 11/2 with BetVictor and William Hill (6/1 with Ladbrokes and Coral take up to 7/2)
AFC Fylde 1pt @ 18/5 with Skybet and BetVictor (15/4 with Paddys and Betfair and take up to 11/4)
Yeovil 1pt @ 23/10 with Skybet and Coral (12/5 with Bet365 and take up to 15/8)
Slough 1pt @ 3/1 with everyone (13/4 with Coral and take up to 5/2)
Charlton -3 1pt @ 9/4 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 6/4)
Barnsley/Walsall/Bristol Rovers/Cambridge United/Stockport/Charlton 1pt acca @ 1.74/1 with Bet365

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

I think I've found myself my new favorite team. Wrexham United FC, smooth game, Welsh and attractive prices when they play. Good team to back :ok

They are just copying what Swansea did decades ago tho, if you want to follow the real Welsh OG's. Give Cardiff a wide berth tho. They don't shower very often.