** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions - 30th September

Darran

Aldershot v Dagenham & Redbridge
I was not impressed at all with Aldershot on Tuesday night and whilst they were a goal up and you hope any team you are on can hold on from there, it would have been harsh on Southend if they hadn't got something from the game. Granted Dagenham are struggling for wins and struggling for goals. They haven't scored in 4 games now, indeed they have featured in two 0-0s and two 1-0 defeats so there have been few goals full stop. Prior to those 4 games we were on them to beat Chesterfield and until they went a man down I thought they looked pretty comfortable at 1 up so they are more than capable of beating a side like Aldershot and they are a bit of value to do so.

Bromley v Gateshead
Two of the form sides in the division as Bromley haven't lost since losing their first 2 games of the season and Gateshead are unbeaten in 7 having also just lost twice all season. They have looked very good putting 3 past Kidderminster and Maidenhead and on Tuesday 4 past Oxford City. The thing is though they are pretty much the 3 worst teams in the division and when they beat Eastleigh 6-0 recently, they were truly awful. That isn't to say that Gateshead aren't a good side because they are, but for me the kind fixture list has helped them and it has meant the are stupidly short to win this. Again that's not to say they can't win, but I just don't see how they can be odds on to beat a Bromley side who as highlighted have been impossible to beat since the opening two games of the season. If Gateshead were at home I could understand the odds on quote more, although even then I wouldn't have them that short. I think at home Bromley have to be favs and in some ways that should mean given the odds they are that we should be having a decent bet on them, but like I say this is a game between two in form sides and thus it is more a bet because of the odds rather than being really confident Bromley will win.

Hartlepool v Dorking
In some ways I was surprised to see Dorking being backed and I did think I might be on my own in wanting to back them at 6/1, but that price has long gone although I still think they are a value bet. Only Rochdale have beaten them in their last 6 games and that was with 2 injury times as well. Hartlepool have gone off the boil in recent weeks having only beaten Wealdstone and Dagenham in their last 7 games. Again like above in some ways any of the 3 results wouldn't surprise, but I don't think Dorking should be as big as they are and I am happy to take a chance on them again on them to win for us for the 2nd consecutive game.

Maidenhead v Chesterfield
Granted in previous seasons Maidenhead have perked up when playing the top sides and have caused all sorts of issues for them, but they are just woeful at the moment and as much as I think Chesterfield are still beatable in the title race, they should have way too much for the home side. The intensity that they started the game with at Rochdale on Tuesday was incredible and they fully deserved to be 1 up early doors. As much as Rochdale didn't cause them too many problems in the 2nd half, Chesterfield actually only managed 1 shot which is something for the other sides to cling on to. That shouldn't be an issue here though and they really should cover the -1 handicap.

Double
Oldham actually got a higher xG than Kidderminster on Tuesday night, but make no bones about it Oldham were fortunate winners as Kidderminster once again played well at home but failed to win. That has been the story of their season and they just don't have the strike force to score goals. Barnet were very good at York on Tuesday and they do have the fire power to score goals. I do think though the price only has marginal value in it which is why I am sticking them in a double with Altrincham who feature in the live game against Oxford City. Oxford did have a very good spell which includes beating Hartlepool and Boreham Wood, but they were very lucky to get a point at Eastleigh and they were hopeless in their last two games against Oldham and Gateshead. Altrincham didn't create as much as I thought they would against Maidenhead on Tuesday and that is why like Barnet I think they are only marginal value, but I do think they will win.

Scunthorpe v Buxton
Given what happened in the 1st game and what is happening off the field I do think Buxton are worth a bet here. If you aren't aware of what happened in the 1st game there was a torrential downpour in the 2nd half and the pitch became unplayable, but the ref only decided to call it off in injury whilst Buxton were 2-1 up. Buxton will be hoping to get the 3 points they deserve and who knows where the heads of the Scunthorpe players will be. Possibly they will want to give their fans a performance in what might be their last ever game at their home, but they might also be thinking they will be needing to look for a new club soon. At the prices again Buxton are worth a value play.

Prices from around 8.30pm on Thursday
Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365, Skybet and Betfred (take up to 7/4)
Bromley 1pt @ 13/5 with Paddy Power, Betfair, BetVictor and William Hill (14/5 with Coral and 11/4 with Skybet take up to 6/4)
Dorking 1pt @ 9/2 with Bet365 and Coral (take up to 3/1)
Chesterfield -1 1pt @ 8/5 with Skybet, Bet365 and Coral (take up to 5/4)
Barnet/Altrincham 1pt double @ 3.4/1 with Bet365 and Coral (take up to 11/4)
Buxton 1pt @ 7/2 with Skybet and Paddy Power (Betfair are 18/5 and take up to 5/2)

Thanks for the tips and write ups.....

I'm off to watch Bromsgrove v Chelmsford in the FA Cup, after our brilliant midweek win against previously unbeaten Halesowen I'm not betting on this game although understandably Chelmsford are favourites being a division  higher. 

In the Southern Premier Central league I fancy Stamford at Sudbury and Stratford at home to Nuneaton