Thursday 31st August Racing Chat

Some French interest for me today,  few Brits / Irish there for good prize money to 😎.......

L/champ 1.58       Zorken  4/1                       Graceful  Thunder 11/4            betfair            Dawn Charger  7/1 EW     2nd      b365

L/champ 2.33       Sevenna's Knight   2/1                        Gallerist   9/4    WON         betfair

L/champ 3.08       Loliwood  10/3   WON  7/2                  Quick Change  6/1 EW   2nd      (b365 boost)                Perle Rouge  6/1 EW             

L/champ 3.43       Hasapiko  13/4    (b365 boost)               Iznik  5/2     betfair             Starry Heavens   15/2 EW    WON  8/1    b365 

3 WINS 🏆 🏆 🏆 and 2 EW places for very nice profitable afternoon 👍

Edited by Brahmin

Double. 

3.00. Bath.  D Day Arvalenreeva        6/1

7.15. Newc.  Expert Agent                  4/1

stk 6.00  rtn 94.00

Singles. 

8.45. Newc.  Fine Wine       15/2

stk 5.00    rtn 42.50.

7.45. Newc.  Bint Al Daar        12/1

stk 5.00     rtn 65..00

Good luck all 

Bath 2:35

Alghazaal

each way
mark usher has not had this runner long. Been hurdling with Charlie longsden. If retaining ability from Irish running a danger ex Kevin prendaghast.

This ones for Freddy

win

David Evans 

miss a runner miss a winner last one won 33/1

nsvan

vanity pays

win

gets a stone from lofty rival 

Bath 3:30

Back Tomorrow

win
a likely winner even with Della in the line up. Now she is withdrawn, this looks like a steering job provided jockey has his a-z in hand ( sat nav to the wokies  -old and young-among us).

Woody dare

each way

nothing special needed to be placed in this group of horses. Well drawn on debut and whilst likely in need of first run has drawn alongside the missing della…..

Edited by Sporting Sam

Bath 4:00

cant say this is a maximum bet given my run today but it is close to being  one. 
Tim Easterby has a good string of jockeys to call on but he has given this ride to Rob Hornby and while he has disappointed today this looks more straightforward to get the job done.

Jazzagal 

win

has been on a winning mark for three runs now but can’t get it done and drops into classifieds for the first time today. Best in here and won on 30/8/2022 at Ripon.

Does not look a straightforward ride but very well treated nonetheless. Yard flying and jockey booking a good one.

Possibility yard might get a nosebleed travelling this far south but they’ve got a local tough southerner on board to help out and a rare runner at bath for trainer.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Arecibo                                              8 45 Nwc/                        1/40th of a pt ew      25/1        - 3rd

Wyvern                                              8 15 Nwc/                        1/40 th of a pt ew     20/1

Edited by black rabbit
selections

Newcastle 6:45

Billy mill

win

must go close five pounds below last course winning mark which came in a class higher. Touched off by a nose at kempton when coming home too late latest. If put in sooner with the course experience looks a tough cookie here.

Yasser 

win

has similar claims.

Newcastle 8:45

ROHAAN

Win

no sign yet of the form that gave him back to back Wokinghams but this classy sprinter has competed at group three level and was down the field in France in a group one when last seen.

If he retains ability he could win as he pleases later on tonight. I hope so.

Atfter an eye catching win on joining the yard this  enigmatic performer enjoyed a meteoric rise to group class a few years ago and has been the Stables flag bearer since.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Newcastle 8:15

Parlando

Totally unexposed and raced just three times since leaving Goddolphin 

longseinor

banging in the door in Ireland likely to place on all weather debut 

hartswood

well treated on lifetime form and well down in the weights 

all win

Edited by Sporting Sam

Played in most contests and thanks to Billy Mill and Nordic passage somehow wiped my feet.
Alaskan Gold just got home 
Annecherrie provided a big each way place in Ireland while Ayr poet was an each way runner up. 
The important thing (for me) is knowing there is a huge angle to exploit there in the racing league. There is some decent racing going on there and I’ve heard so much negative talk about it, but a lot of views are cliched and regurgitated rhetoric, narrative from other views. Look closer and it is very punter friendly.

Edited by Sporting Sam

1 hour ago, Sporting Sam said:

Played in most contests and thanks to Billy Mill and Nordic passage somehow wiped my feet.
Alaskan Gold just got home 
Annecherrie provided a big each way place in Ireland while Ayr poet was an each way runner up. 
The important thing (for me) is knowing there is a huge angle to exploit there in the racing league. There is some decent racing going on there and I’ve heard so much negative talk about it, but a lot of views are cliched and regurgitated rhetoric, narrative from other views. Look closer and it is very punter friendly.

Surely “playing in most contest” doesn’t give you any sort of an edge 

Absolutely correct  in play race reader.

It is a lack of focus on my part and one which I hope to put right. It is better to have a 6/4 winner with the right money on than 12 losers or more and a couple of decent winners. It will pay much more. Fingers crossed selections in September will reflect that.