BILLY HILLS NAP TABLE - August 2023

15 minutes ago, LeMale said:

Question for @MCLARKE that i can't see in the rules and i'm sure must have popped up from time to time, is it a case of first past the post or stewards decision in the event that the stewards reverse placings or something along those lines? Or is it treated like a dead heat? 

I think it should be the official amended result although I might not always pick it up. I am open as always to any suggestions.

21 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

I think it should be the official amended result although I might not always pick it up. I am open as always to any suggestions.

Oh, i assumed that it must have already happened and was just seeking clarification having been on both sides of the reversal recently and was paid on both by the bookie and just wondered what would happen in any of the comps on here. I am still a little confused when they say disqualified, but it still shows in 2nd position, so would that mean in our comps it would still get place money (for ew) or is classed as a loser? (It has to be said that most decisions by the stewards are quite confusing to me) Maybe best for you to sort the rule out now and save possible arguments later, but i sill can't believe it has never come up before. 

1 minute ago, LeMale said:

Oh, i assumed that it must have already happened and was just seeking clarification having been on both sides of the reversal recently and was paid on both by the bookie and just wondered what would happen in any of the comps on here. I am still a little confused when they say disqualified, but it still shows in 2nd position, so would that mean in our comps it would still get place money (for ew) or is classed as a loser? (It has to be said that most decisions by the stewards are quite confusing to me) Maybe best for you to sort the rule out now and save possible arguments later, but i sill can't believe it has never come up before. 

My two penneth is if the majority of the bookies payout on both then both are winners or if the horse you backed with a bookie pays you (proof required) out then you are on a winner either way. i recognise that this issue is 50/50 with punters happy if you win unhappy if you lose out.

4 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

My two penneth is if the majority of the bookies payout on both then both are winners or if the horse you backed with a bookie pays you (proof required) out then you are on a winner either way. i recognise that this issue is 50/50 with punters happy if you win unhappy if you lose out.

To bring a bit of happiness in the world I suggest we treat both as a winner (I may need a reminder sometimes though)

• MCLARKE unpinned this topic