** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Genesis Open

owenclass

• owenclass changed the title to Genesis Open
4 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

100/1 he is, not that I'll be touching that.

Will look at bets shortly

Lol, completely agree mate. That's ridiculously short odds for a guy who's last performance competitively was around 6 months ago even if that guy is the great Tiger Woods.

I would have thought he is maybe using this event as a pipe opener/ brushing off the rust and cobwebs to see where his game is at in terms of looking at Augusta in April most likely.

And onto another

Strong field, was going to use a bigger free bet on rahm, but probably just give it a miss, although might look at odds and see.

Anyways all free bets on following

Finau win

Schauffelle  win

Ew (10pl)

Hoge

Cantlay

Im 

Have been backing Morikawa quite a lot but decided to leave him out, as well as Homa.

There was a few biggies in there (outwith hoge) looked at too, such as coetzee and kuchar, but elected to stick with above.

If you fancy tiger to make cut he's 2/1 on PP. I hope he does, but can't see it.

Tree lined Par 71 and of medium length. Here's what I'll be going for :

3pts Morikawa 20/1 bet365
--------------------------------------------------------
1.5pts e/w Hovland 28/1 bet365 (1/4th, 5 places)
--------------------------------------------------------

0.5pts e/w Bradley 66/1 betfair (1/5th, 8 places)
0.5pts e/w W.Clark 70/1 skybet (1/5th, 10 places)
0.5pts e/w C.Conners 80/1 paddypower (1/5th, 10 places)
0.5pts e/w L.List 175/1 skybet (1/5th, 10 places)

On 2/15/2023 at 10:21 AM, fd1972uk said:

And onto another

Strong field, was going to use a bigger free bet on rahm, but probably just give it a miss, although might look at odds and see.

Finau win

Schauffelle  win

Ew (10pl)

Hoge

Cantlay

Im 

Have been backing Morikawa quite a lot but decided to leave him out, as well as Homa.

There was a few biggies in there (outwith hoge) looked at too, such as coetzee and kuchar, but elected to stick with above.

If you fancy tiger to make cut he's 2/1 on PP. I hope he does, but can't see it.

What odds were Kuch as he leads -6 after just 11 :D 

16 hours ago, Fader said:

What odds were Kuch as he leads -6 after just 11 :D 

I can't be 100% certain, but he was either 90/1 or I'm thinking it was maybe over 100s, possibly 125/1 if I remember.  Because of Thailand Classic wasn't putting on more, but he woulda  been a ew option, but took Hoge whonwas 90s.

Not really sure why I took I'm, not really went with him a lot, hope I don't regret him over Homa.

Edited by fd1972uk

On 2/15/2023 at 10:21 AM, fd1972uk said:

And onto another

Finau win

Schauffelle  win

Ew (10pl)

Hoge

Cantlay

Im 

Jeez, early days but the 3 I decided not to go with, lol.

3 minutes ago, Fader said:

well to be fair it's 3 of the best players in the world :D 

Yeah true, lol, just the whole 3 at one point up there and my main bets who replaced then needs to get finger out.

Early days though, and both I picked were poorer odds than Homa and Morikawa. 

Edited by fd1972uk

22 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Yeah true, lol, just the whole 3 at one point up there and my main bets who replaced then needs to get finger out.

Early days though, and both I picked were poorer odds than Homa and Morikawa. 

Did you see those back-to-back putts from off the green from Morikawa? lol

you're right early days indeed. I wonder if Tiger will scrape the cut. Apparently it may be +1.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Rahm again then. Boring, boring lol

At this rate, he will be going off odds on favourite to win The Masters lol.

Joking aside, Tiger Woods performed much better than I expected. Homa looking in great form and Morikawa knocking around at the business end, he just requires one of those weeks when his putter does everything he asks of it.

Only a small profit on rw cantlay, pity Hoge couldn't hold on a bit as he would've been decent returns at 100/1.

Rahm is looking good, thank god I put on a bit early as his odds will be tumbling for the masters 

Had put morikawa in for a win only as said Homa been playing well, maybe look at a each way, just its a bit early to use a bigger free bet I have as its only offering top 5.

Edited by fd1972uk