** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions - 7th January

Darran

Barnet v Gateshead

Two sides I put up on Monday and both drew. Barnet weren't as good as they were on Boxing Day and were slightly fortunate to get a draw, whilst Gateshead should have won and conceded two poor goals. They were the better side and it was disappointing they weren't able to see it out. I do fancy Barnet here though as I thought they were so good on Boxing Day and they have been in such good form of late and even though they weren't at their best on Monday they still found a way to equalise. Not surprisingly they announced that Dean Brennan has had his contract extended because he is doing a hell of a job. I don't think there is a huge amount in the price, but I certainly think they should be shorter as they are the better team and I don't think the odds represent a play-off team playing a team in a relegation battle. Also, whilst Gateshead did go to York and beat them 3-0 they have struggled away from home this season having only won twice.

Wealdstone v Eastleigh

Great performance from Eastleigh to land the 3pt bet on Sunday, but of course Dorking's dreadful defending did help. As I have highlighted in recent weeks Eastleigh'sHMRC  form at home and form away is vastly different and whilst I didn't want to take advantage of that when they went to Dorking, and was right to do so, I do want to back Wealdstone to beat them. They have had a strange old season having started in good form, then losing the plot and now they are back in good form again having only lost to Barnet in their last 8 games. The fact Eastleigh couldn't win at Dorking and could only score 1 goal there and then scored 4 goals against them at home just highlights for me the massive difference. I would make Wealdstone favourites so am they are fair value here.

Darlington v Chorley

Frustratingly Chorley managed to get their first league away win since August when we were on Fylde on Boxing Day, but I am going to oppose them again here as they travel to current top of the table Darlington. We are getting odds against as well and I think that is a big price. Darlington did lose to Scarborough at home on Boxing Day 3-2, but they had a higher xG and then on Monday they hammered them 5-2. Darlington's only other loss in their last 10 games was to Fylde and they are playing very well at the moment. 

Hereford v Scarborough

Speaking of Scarborough I am going to put them up to beat Hereford because they look cracking value. Hereford look pretty poor at the moment. They barely created a shot of note in the two games against Kidderminster over Christmas although they did manage a goal which gave them a point on New Years Day whereas they lost 1-0 at home on Boxing Day. They haven't won in 6 games now and before that the win was only against AFC Telford. Scarborough have only lost that game on Monday and to Chester in their last 10 and for me are a better side than Hereford so I'm more than happy to back them at over 2/1.

Peterborough Sports v Southport

Southport have drawn half of their last 10 league games, but they have also only lost once and whilst overall their away form doesn't look great, they are now unbeaten in 5 on their travels and they look a big price here. Peterborough revealed earlier in the week that they are currently under a transfer embargo due to an unpaid VAT bill. As far as I know that hadn't been announced anywhere before, but clearly it means they have been stuck with the same squad for a while now and I don't think it is a coincidence that they have lost their last 3 league games. Granted they were spread out across December, but this will be a tricky game for them against a team who are hard to beat right now.

Barnet 1pt @ 5/4 with William Hill and Betfred (take up to 11/10)

Wealdstone 1pt @ 17/10 with William Hill, Ladbrokes and Coral (take up to 11/8)

Darlington 2pts @ 11/8 with William Hill and Bet365 (take up to Evs)

Scarborough 2pts @ 23/10 with Paddy Power and Betfair (Hills are 12/5 and take up to 7/4)

Southport 1pt @ 2/1 with Paddy Power, Betfair and Betfred (Hills are 21/10 and take up to 7/4)

I can endorse Darran's comments about Hereford - poor and toothless in both games v an equally moderate Kidderminster over the festive period. Scarborough available at 12/5 looks a value bet, although in this poor league this season any result would not surprise me.

8 hours ago, Labrador said:

I can endorse Darran's comments about Hereford - poor and toothless in both games v an equally moderate Kidderminster over the festive period. Scarborough available at 12/5 looks a value bet, although in this poor league this season any result would not surprise me.

Yeah its a shockingly bad league this season.