** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

FA Cup Predictions > Nov 4th - 7th

facupodds1.jpg

facupodds2.jpg

facupodds3.jpg

facupodds4.jpg

The FA Cup 1st Round is coming up this weekend and we have the odds right here. Apologies for the absence of the Friday and Monday games. Hopefully, they become available to view soon. What bets are you backing here? We're keen to hear your underdog accas! @Darran, any non-league teams in form we should be looking out for? I'm delighted that Merthyr Town have reached this stage. They face a tricky away tie against Buxton but I'll still be putting a wager on them at 4.33!

Sheffield Wed vs Morecambe FC

2022-11-04T20:45+01:00

Sheffield Wed

Doubtful: Reece James (8/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Ben Heneghan (10/0 d), Dennis Adeniran (2/0 m), Akin Famewo (1/0 d)

Suspended: -

Morecambe FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jake Taylor (11/0 m), Ash Hunter (5/0 m), Max Melbourne (4/0 d), Courtney Duffus (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Chesterfield v Northampton
These two sides are both 3rd in the table, but all the money has been for the National League side which does surprise me a bit. I certainly think Chesterfield are capable of pulling off a victory, but Northampton are just too big a price for me. We only have to look at how Stockport and Grimsby are doing to know that there is a bit of a gap in class between the two divisions so I just can't make Northampton as big a price as they are. I know they have only won 1 game in 6, but that was against Stevenage and they have only lost 3 games in the league all season. Away from home Northampton have only lost at Walsall and they have played some tough games. Chesterfield are over their little wobble now and had a very easy night against Gateshead on Tuesday. The thing is though they will play league games at home to teams who are priced up at 9/4 so for that to be the price of the team who are 3rd in the league above just has to be taken.

Woking v Oxford United (Sunday)
Usually I like backing the underdogs at big prices to cause an upset and have a good record over the years, but this round and the prices on offer makes it very tough on that front. South Shields, Fylde, Chelmsford and Weymouth were all teams I were thinking about backing, but the prices on them are too short for me to take. There certainly seems to be a move for bookies to offer shorter odds on the underdogs. Alvechurch are the same price to beat Cheltenham as Oldham are to beat Wrexham. Now I don't think either will, but how can those two things be the same price as each other. Anyway the one Non-League side I will be backing is Woking who I think do have a chance of beating League 1 Oxford. Woking have been very strong at home all season and they do look a side capable of being in the play-offs. They strike me as the sort of side who can cause an upset in a one off game and Oxford aren't doing that well in League 1 this season.

Bracknell v Ipswich (Monday night ITV4)
Bracknell won promotion last season to Step 3 of Non-League football and although they are in 11th place at the moment it is a little misleading as they have only played 12 league games and have actually only lost twice. As much as it would be great if we saw an upset the gulf in class between these two sides is huge as Ipswich are currently 2nd in League 1 having only lost twice. They have managed to score 35 league goals and their xG's in their last 3 games have been 2.24, 2.34 and 2.54. If they are recording those sort of figures against other League 1 sides then they are likely to be much higher on Monday night. At this stage last season we saw two sides from Bracknell's level appear on TV. Banbury hosted League 2 Barrow and lost 4-0 and Stratford hosted League 1 Shrewsbury and lost 5-1. The non TV games involving teams from their level were on the whole much closer affairs and I certainly think there is something in the League side not wanting to be embarrassed and on the end of an upset live on TV. Ipswich really should be covering the -2 handicap.

FA Cup Acca
As usual at this stage I put up a short price acca with teams who I think look bankers. The bet features 7 teams. Burton to beat Needham Market, Cheltenham to beat Alvechurch, Charlton to beat Coalville, Lincoln to beat Chippenham, MK Dons to beat Taunton, Derby to beat Torquay and Ipswich to beat Bracknell. 

Northampton 1pt @ 5/2 with Bet365 (their 2 goals up offer comes into play in the FA Cup games and take up to 6/4)
Woking 1pt @ 9/2 with Bet365 (take up to 100/30)
Ipswich -2 2.5pts @ 5/4 with Bet365
Burton, Cheltenham, Charlton, Lincoln, MK Dons, Derby and Ipswich 1pt acca @ 5.79/1 with Bet365