** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > 26th March

Darran

It is Non-League Day on Saturday and hopefully it can be a profitable one for us.

National League treble
Although Stockport surprisingly went 2 down against Wealdstone last Saturday the fact they still ended up winning the game 4-2 spoke volumes about how strong they are. Amazingly they even felt the need to strengthen on Thursday ahead of the transfer window closing. They travel to an Eastleigh side who are continue to struggle and didn't even have a shot on target on Tuesday night in the defeat against Dagenham. Weymouth are doomed to relegation and they look in shocking shape at the moment. They are conceding plenty of goals and Torquay really ought to get another 3 points. Finally Wrexham look in cracking shape right now and as much as I can't see them catching Stockport they should finish 2nd. I can see them scoring a few past Dover but will stick the -1 handicap in the treble.

Guiseley v Chester
I was very keen to oppose Guiseley on Tuesday night and apart from missing a penalty they created very little against Telford. Sadly for us Telford couldn't muster a shot on target despite threatening more than their hosts. Chester were very unfortunate to draw at Gloucester on Tuesday night as they dominated the game yet Gloucester somehow got an injury time equalizer. Chester are scoring plenty of goals at the moment and I think they will have too much for a Guiseley side who are looking like they might be the ones to go down from the National League North this season.

Chelmsford v Hungerford
Neither side come into this game in great form with the home side losing 6 on the bounce and the away side 4. Things aren't right at Chelmsford at the moment though with the fans unhappy with what is going off the pitch. They are in big danger of being the team to be relegated from the division this season. Hungerford have conceded 14 goals in those 4 loses, but then Chelmsford have only scored 3 times in their 6 defeats so their defence might be able to hold out. Hungerford have been scoring goals though and of course they pushed our bets Eastbourne close last Saturday. I just don't think there is as much between the two sides as the betting suggests so the away side are worth a bet.

Slough v Braintree
Braintree continue to be one of the form sides in the division and only Maidstone (twice) and Dulwich have beaten them in their last 10 league games. They are also the only side to have beaten Slough in their last 7 league games and I think they look value to do the same again here. I know Slough have only lost that one game in 7, but they haven't been massively convincing in their performances and again these two teams should be closer together in the betting.

Stockport/Torquay/Wrexham -1 2pts treble @ 1.94/1 with Betfred (take up to 6/4)
Chester 2pts @ 23/20 with William Hill and Betfred (take up to Evs)
Hungerford 1pt @ 13/5 with William Hill and BetVictor (take up to 13/8)
Braintree 1pt @ 3/1 with William Hill and BetVictor (take up to 2/1)

If stats are anything to go by, then Altrincham v Aldershot looks a solid home win. Alty are very strong at home and their last 4 home matches have seen them score 13 goals with zero conceded. By contrast the Shots has let in 11 in their last 3 on the road, only scoring twice. Despite Aldershot's slump the teams below them look pretty lifeless, so relegation should be avoided, thus arguably this is something a "nothing game" that the bookies don't price up too carefully.

The home side are available at 10/11 or 11/4 (-1 handicap). For me this is a game to play on the spreads so I've bought Altrincham's goal rush at 18 with Sporting Index