Tennis Tips - March 21 - March 27

• 1 month later...

I like all of these in qualifying for Miami (bold to win).

P Martic v C McHale

R Marino v K Zavatska

D Yastremska v C Dolehide

M Inglis v E Gorgodze

H Dart v T Maria

Will just take all 5 in 1 multiple, at about 2.9 or almost 2 to 1.

Here in South Africa they make the prices for these bets almost 1/2 of what bet365 are offering. You can't use bet365 or betfair, which is a joke. The gov would like the bookmakers to destroy the customer, and then pay taxes.

Yastremska v Dolehide  they offer 1.15 , bet365 has 1.28

Dart to beat Maria they offer 1.36, bet365 has 1.57  and so on.

Just ridiculous to be shafted before you have even made your bet.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

P Martic v C McHale

R Marino v K Zavatska

M Inglis v E Gorgodze

H Dart v T Maria

Here in South Africa they make the prices for these bets almost 1/2 of what bet365 are offering. You can't use bet365 or betfair, which is a joke. The gov would like the bookmakers to destroy the customer, and then pay taxes.

It's the same in France! 
It's all nonsense 

3 hours ago, neilovan said:

P Martic v C McHale

R Marino v K Zavatska

M Inglis v E Gorgodze

H Dart v T Maria

Lol two losers out of 3 to start. Lucky I'm betting peanuts.

7 hours ago, AgaRadwanska said:

VPN

No can do. I have tried it, but you cant extract your money when you win, when you live in a banned country.

In other news, possibly the worst bet ever taken ...

P Martic v C McHale  LOST   .18

R Marino v K Zavatska  WON  .17

D Yastremska v C Dolehide LOST  .15

M Inglis v E Gorgodze  LOST   .35

H Dart v T Maria LOST  .36

Only good news was I packaged them all in one train-smash.

Edited by neilovan

On 3/21/2022 at 3:45 PM, neilovan said:

P Martic v C McHale

R Marino v K Zavatska

M Inglis v E Gorgodze

H Dart v T Maria

Just ridiculous to be shafted before you have even made .

Oh I feel you, I fist started betting on an online platform 6 years ago when I first went to college, but by that point bet365 was already suspended in Romania..pitty since from what I ve seen from friends who had accounts there it looked like the perfect betting site.

2 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

Oh I feel you, I fist started betting on an online platform 6 years ago when I first went to college, but by that point bet365 was already suspended in Romania..pitty since from what I ve seen from friends who had accounts there it looked like the perfect betting site.

The best is actually BETFAIR. The prices are exactly what the market dictates, with no bookmaker nonsense.

So Nadal is out for between four and six weeks with a stress fracture of the rib. Bearing in mind he's 35 you'd have thought he'd have organised his schedule a bit better. Playing two hard court tournaments in quick succession after what must have been a gruelling AO always seemed like a strange decision to me, considering how much stress they seem to put on his body and also that the clay court season that starts shortly has always been his meat and drink.

Let's hope he's able to make a full recovery in time for the French Open, because if he doesn't then playing in Acapulco and Indian Wells is going to look like a big mistake. No one will remember what happened in those tournaments years from now, but it'll certainly be remembered if he wins another French and if he's not able to do that this year then getting a bad injury so close to his favourite Slam is likely to be at least part of the reason why.

First pick for me this tournament will be Haddad Maia to beat Parrizas Diaz. I'd say Haddad Maia deserves to be a slight favourite, if for no other reason than Parrizas Diaz's capitulation in her first match against Rogers in Indian Wells. She held a 4-0 final set advantage but couldn't convert and losses like that can't do much for confidence levels. Haddad Maia lasted one more round in Indian Wells, having beaten Kenin in her first match and although Kenin is a shadow of her former self that's still a win against a former Slam winner. There's every chance this will be close but I think Haddad Maia will edge it, despite the negative h2h.

25pts Haddad Maia to beat Parrizas Diaz @ 1.80 General

From 'Sporting Life' website:

Regardless of venue, conditions are always pretty humid. Throw in a Laykold court which isn’t particularly fast and Dunlop balls which get fluffed up quickly by the humid air and it tends to play slower than ideal for Medvedev – and many others.

Power players can still hit through the court but the ball doesn’t sit up as nicely as it does in Indian Wells.

I like four underdogs today, all with 365, which is a slightly uncomfortable number because I'll need two of them to win otherwise it'll be a losing day -  if I'd gone for three then one winner would see a profit. First up I'm going for Francisco Cerundolo to beat Griekspoor. The prices suggest that Cerundolo hasn't got much of a chance and it's hard to argue with that based on recent hard court form that includes a loss in straight sets as a big favourite to youngster Juncheng Shang in Indian Wells qualifying. However, the following week he took a set against Rinderknech so I'll be hoping that Cerundolo turns up and not the one that played against Shang. Cerundolo started the year quite well on hard and it's not as though Griekspoor is flying right now. He lost last time out against Querrey which is a pretty poor result considering how bad Querrey has been over the last year or so.

Then I'm backing Koepfer against McDonald. He got ahead against Rublev in Indian Wells but couldn't stay there, and as the surface here isn't the fastest that might give him more of a chance to attack the McDonald serve. McDonald played well against Alcaraz in his last match and that bodes well for him here, but in a sport where a player can beat one of the best players ever and then in their next tournament lose to Serdarusic, recent performances aren't always that helpful in trying to predict future performances and I just don't think that Koepfer and McDonald are that far apart.

Moving on to the later matches, I'm starting with Carballes Baena to beat Goffin. This is mainly about going against Goffin, who seems to be in a sorry state right now. This is a match he should be winning, but with confidence most likely low I can't see how he's such a big favourite to take this. Carballes Baena is a capable player who'll look to get every ball back and that kind of consistency could be enough to see him outlast a fragile Goffin in this one. Lastly I want to back Flipkens in her match against Golubic. She got some encouraging wins in qualifying and although Golubic should be winning this, the fact is Flipkens is better than her current ranking and Golubic isn't the most consistent player and certainly not one I'd like to trust at such a short price.

25pts Francisco Cerundolo to beat Griekspoor @ 3.40

15pts Koepfer to beat McDonald @ 3.40

15pts Carballes Baena to beat Goffin @ 3.40

15pts Flipkens to beat Golubic @ 3.75

19 minutes ago, Vitalyy said:

Only 2 for tonight.
Shang (+1.5 Sets) to beat Kudla at 1.88 with Pinnacle
Shang to beat Kudla at 3.25 with Pinnacle
Many reasons for this bet. Kudla has played 12 matches in 8 days (Im adding the doubles matches he played in Phoenix, where he won both singles and doubles). His first two matches here have been 3 set matches... and thats a lot of time on court. He already struggled to beat Heide (437) in his first match here so I think all this time on court is affecting him.
Shang is a really promising chinese player. In Indian Wells he beat Francisco Cerundolo and Moraing. Then he lost against Munar (6-3, 6-4). 

Good luck with this. Agree with the reasoning. Kudla can't have much left to give right now and I thought he'd lose to Blanch after struggling so badly against Heide.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

I like four underdogs today, all with 365, which is a slightly uncomfortable number because I'll need two of them to win otherwise it'll be a losing day -  if I'd gone for three then one winner would see a profit. First up I'm going for Francisco Cerundolo to beat Griekspoor. The prices suggest that Cerundolo hasn't got much of a chance and it's hard to argue with that based on recent hard court form that includes a loss in straight sets as a big favourite to youngster Juncheng Shang in Indian Wells qualifying. However, the following week he took a set against Rinderknech so I'll be hoping that Cerundolo turns up and not the one that played against Shang. Cerundolo started the year quite well on hard and it's not as though Griekspoor is flying right now. He lost last time out against Querrey which is a pretty poor result considering how bad Querrey has been over the last year or so.

Then I'm backing Koepfer against McDonald. He got ahead against Rublev in Indian Wells but couldn't stay there, and as the surface here isn't the fastest that might give him more of a chance to attack the McDonald serve. McDonald played well against Alcaraz in his last match and that bodes well for him here, but in a sport where a player can beat one of the best players ever and then in their next tournament lose to Serdarusic, recent performances aren't always that helpful in trying to predict future performances and I just don't think that Koepfer and McDonald are that far apart.

Moving on to the later matches, I'm starting with Carballes Baena to beat Goffin. This is mainly about going against Goffin, who seems to be in a sorry state right now. This is a match he should be winning, but with confidence most likely low I can't see how he's such a big favourite to take this. Carballes Baena is a capable player who'll look to get every ball back and that kind of consistency could be enough to see him outlast a fragile Goffin in this one. Lastly I want to back Flipkens in her match against Golubic. She got some encouraging wins in qualifying and although Golubic should be winning this, the fact is Flipkens is better than her current ranking and Golubic isn't the most consistent player and certainly not one I'd like to trust at such a short price.

25pts Francisco Cerundolo to beat Griekspoor @ 3.40

15pts Koepfer to beat McDonald @ 3.40

15pts Carballes Baena to beat Goffin @ 3.40

15pts Flipkens to beat Golubic @ 3.75

Got my sums wrong. Cerundolo winning guarantees a profit for today and after getting a winner with Haddad Maia yesterday it's been a good start to the tournament for me, which will come in handy when the luck turns as it always does.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

Got my sums wrong. Cerundolo winning guarantees a profit for today and after getting a winner with Haddad Maia yesterday it's been a good start to the tournament for me, which will come in handy when the luck turns as it always does.

Didn't take long for the luck to turn. Next match I was on in fact. Koepfer up a set and a break not once but twice, then a break up in the final set but still loses. Always helps if you can hold on to your serve after breaking and Koepfer had a nasty habit all match long of giving any breaks he got straight back.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Shang certainly looks like a good prospect to me as well. Saw him against Cerundolo in Indian Wells and he had good mentality, eve though Cerundolo played some awful stuff.

Great form for Kudla ?

Less experienced and probably better on clay the young Shang. 

I think there is no trap for Kudla.

Edited by Heisenberg68

ok guys , the matches that I ve eyed today are wolf-altmaier and popyrin musetti...opinions ? I think wolf should win , he s got better weapons and his game is made more for hardcourts than altmaier's and he's won before against the german and is playing in murica.  Musetti beat popyrin like a week ago and is overall in better form compared to the aussie.

1 minute ago, raduvlad1995 said:

ok guys , the matches that I ve eyed today are wolf-altmaier and popyrin musetti...opinions ? I think wolf should win , he s got better weapons and his game is made more for hardcourts than altmaier's and he's won before against the german and is playing in murica.  Musetti beat popyrin like a week ago and is overall in better form compared to the aussie.

I like Musetti too, because Popyrin lost his Mojo and is 3-10 this year...his serve is a disaster and he is out of confidence...Altmaier played a good Challenger in Phoenix and he served pretty well there. This can be closer than the odds suggests and it wouldnt be a suprise if Altmaier won tonight. Maybe Over Games is an option or Altmaier to take a set. I will skip this one but i'm on Musetti...