Racing Chat- Sun 21st March

16 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

The Lincoln Saturday ?along with Great Yorkshire Chase day ( when on ) the only Saturday racing days I like to attend these days , too many boozing idiots on Saturday at racing these days , even worse after May when football season finishes !

Probably be very fast surface with a dry week all bar Thursday .

More kick offs than at the footy these days. There’s been some disgraceful scenes at racing over the last few years. Don’t mind the odd bottle flying at the footy but you need to act with a bit more decorum at the races ?

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

No luck so far.  There is a non- runner in the 5.15 at Chepstow so Betfair cut my odds, unfairly as usual.  I have increased my stake to £10.10 for a possible return of £15.09 on Gold Bullion.  Now £25.10 stakes at risk today

RESULTS UPDATE

Completely blank day for me today.  It was quite interesting that Seven No Trumps was backed into 10/11 and was very disappointing. The Mighty Arc drifted but ran better than my horse though it got beat by Brayhill at 20/1.  Contrast this with later on where Firestep was backed into favouritism and Gold Bullion drifted to 15/8 from an overnight price of 11/10.  In this instance the market was right.  I can't make sense of horse racing betting markets.  When a horse wins and it has shortened in the market, all the pundits say that " the market knew and got it right".  However the same pundits never seem to say anything when a horse shortens such as Seven No Trumps did and runs a stinker of a race.  

Anyway, a loss of £25.10 and my new balance is £543.83 (Bank £500).

Three meetings tomorrow in the UK so l hope I fair better than today.  I can't do any worse can I?