** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 2nd - 4th

Manchester City vs Wolves

The midweek action in the Premier League kicks off on Tuesday night when league leaders Manchester City look to extend their lead at the top of the table against an improving Wolves team in an 8pm GMT kick-off at the Etihad Stadium. Everything is pointing towards another solid home win but if there's one team that has had decent results against the hosts over recent years then it's the visitors here.

Manchester City are looking like a team destined to win the top flight title once again. Pep Guardiola's men extended their winning run to 20 games across all competitions meaning that the Citizens are now undefeated in 27 matches in all competitions. They require just one more game without defeat to set a new club record. If you want to compare how far ahead of the competition City are this season then they have won 14 league games in a row. The next best consecutive wins record held by a team in the division is 4 league games won in a row. For all their attacking riches, the defensive performances of City remain the high point of their season with Ederson keeping 15 clean sheets in the league.

Wolves had looked like a team short on ideas when Raul Jimenez was ruled out with a fractured skull. Credit to Nuno Espirito Santo, he has galvanized his team, brought in the necessary personnel, and jigged things around to get their season back on track. Wanderers are in 12th place and now just as close to the Champions League qualification spots as they are to the relegation places. The team is now unbeaten in 5 league games as they are starting to re-discover their best form. They will also feel quietly confident about taking something from this game having beaten City in 3 of their last 4 encounters. However, when the sides met earlier this season at Molineux it ended in a resounding 3-1 win for City. Away form remains a problem for Wolves with the club only managing 1 win in their last 8 away league matches.

I have to say that when I initially went to write this preview I thought that with Wolves displaying encouraging form they could be a problem for Manchester City once again. Unfortunately, I think this City side is a lot wiser, resilient, and street wise than the City of previous seasons that fell foul to the restrictive nature of the Wolves set-up. I also don't feel Wolves are quite back at the levels they were hitting in 2019 when they inflicted three defeats onto City in a single calendar year. I am expecting another win added to the City steam train that has a destination of the Premier League title.

Manchester City to Win to Nil @ 1.80 with Sporting Index

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.22 with SBK

Crystal Palace vs Manchester United

The Premier League midweek action continues on Wednesday night with three matches. The game I'm focusing on is the clash between mid-table water treaders Crystal Palace and Champions League qualification chasing Manchester United in an 8:15pm GMT kick-off at Selhurst Park. Is there really any other outcome than a solid away win here? Or can the home side earn a double over the visitors this season?

Crystal Palace had been struggling without their main man Wilfried Zaha but their last two results suggest that the team is starting to adapt to life, with a little bit of fortune, without their top scorer. The Eagles beat rivals Brighton 2-1 away from home before holding Fulham to a mind-numbingly boring 0-0 draw on the weekend. Roy Hodgson's men are now 13th in the table and 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Zaha will be missing for this game and they'll need to improve their performance levels if they're to get anything from this match. The team's 33 points tally so far is their highest points total in the top flight since the 1991/92 season. However, they come into this fixture winless against the established top six sides in their last 19 league encounters. It's only been 3 shots on goal in each of their last 2 league matches compared to the 40 shots they have had on their own goal by their opponents in those two matches. Yes, you could say Palace have ridden their luck.

Manchester United sit proudly in 2nd place in the top flight but they are 15 points off the pace of league leaders Manchester City. The title is realistically out of their grasp now but qualifying for next season's Champions League is certainly the ambition. The Red Devils have suffered just 1 loss in their last 20 league matches. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men haven't lost a league game on the road this season so far and are now unbeaten in 20 away league games. Playing in midweek also appears to be something that suits United with the club having won 9 of their last 11 league games played during midweek including winning all 6 of their away games on these days.

This is one of those games where you get the feeling Crystal Palace will be happy to take anything from this match and Manchester United will be disappointed if they don't win. The away side are irresistible on their travels and they visit a host team that really shouldn't have earned 4 points from their last 2 games. The win over Brighton was daylight robbery and the Fulham draw was so poor that the half-time match analysis started talking about a new TV show starting on the channel broadcasting the game. I would be shocked if United didn't win this one but it might be a close score with the home side set to park the bus.

Draw (Crystal Palace +1) @ 3.80 with Sporting Index

Draw HT/ Manchester United FT @ 4.50 with SBK

Bearing in mind I've just posted elsewhere that "a simple and not wholly unreasonable premise is that betting on players to get an assist is a mug's game" you might want to disregard the following. In my defense though, I also said "there may be exceptions where some consistent and prolific players (Son, De Bruyne) are on offer at value prices".

Fulham v Spurs: 20 points on Son to assist a goal at 17/5 with Uni, 5 points on him to assist and score a goal at 11/1 with the same firm, 1 point on him and Kane to assist a goal for each other at 50/1 Sky Bet.

Son has 8 assists and 13 goals from 25 league appearances this season. He did both in 4 games. I don't know the stats for him and Kane assisting one another (and not going to extra effort for a 1 point bet) but I'm happy that you'd have done well taking 50/1 in every game they both started.

Aston Villa

They have made great progress this season, which we can see from their defensive, with only 1.08 conceding goals in average of this season so far. But it seems that they are not in form now, suffering a 1-0 defeat from Sheffield United in last game.

Wolves

They have been winless for two matches, causing them in low morale. Now they are the twelfth in the table of the League with 34 points, far away from top five. And Wolves lose to Manchester City at 1-4 in last game.

Verdict:

Both of them are in poor state in recent games. Although Aston Villa have home advantage, they are weak in host game with about 30% winning percentage. So the result of the game is suggested to be a draw.

Aston Villa VS Wolves

Prediction: 1-1, 0-1