£10,000 or I'll walk thread....

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Cheers guys for the info and comments. The reason is simply because on any given day I WILL have that many selections myself laugh4.giflaugh4.gif. I am trying to see what I can achieve within the season at this rate of selecton - Plenty of guys trying with slower and more calculated selections, so i could simply just try this with their selections wink2.gif Nah, seriously though, the stipulation is that there are enough opportunities to cover the number of lines running each day.. so really, the starting day must be one with a large number of games, which has been the case so far, the fact that my selections have been poor insures that I have only a few winners and ample opportunities therefore laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif Will continue for a while at this rate and we'll see how it goes.... Thanks for comments and support bigokay.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets)

I agree & as agreed, will be starting my attempts this weekend..... .....I'll post in a seperate thread though.
I've completely change my thoughts on the way to approach this. As a result, I'm starting today with horses. See my The 'T' Factor thread & see what you think friskyfitz!:rollin

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Hello, I dont want to be unpleasant but i think you havent calculated (using maths) the possibilities for this system to work. You are waiting to win 10 times in a row using odds around 2.00. This can happen approximately 1 per 3000 tries. This means you have to try 300 times (10 matches each start) and spend about 30000. The fact you start 10 tries together doesnt change the possibiliies. Odds=2.00 mean 45% possibility of win 10 in a row of 45% each, means (45%^10) = 0,0345 % Of course, this once that this system wins maybe is your next try but maybe this will never happen ... in fact the possibilities and the numbers are against that system.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) TRIAL 3 - SELECTIONS 1. Spurs v Chelsea...................................£10 @ 1.86 2. Dumbarton v Morton over 2.5...............£10 @ 1.92 3. West Ham v Bolton 4 or more..............£10 @ 4.33 4. Gillingham v Notts F.............................£10 @ 2.32 5. Carlisle v Northampton..........................£10 @ 2.76 6. Burnley v Derby....................................£10 @ 3.02 7. Port V v Doncaster................................£10 @ 2.72 8. Bury v Wrexham...................................£10 @ 2.96 9. Wigan v Sunderland over 2.5.................£10 @ 2.32 10. Acc.Stanley v Exeter............................£10 @ 2.76 Some bigger prices today so hopefully looking for 5 outta 10. Will await the outcome of these but bigger prices does not guarantee bigger profits!! Bank - £196.39 (£96.39 previous bank...wiped out) (second bank of £100 added ) AGAIN........This is just a paper trial but its costing me cash so I'm actually not just picking bets and sticking them in!! These are my own bets for the week-end laugh4.giflaugh4.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) GL.. :hope I dont think it will go as bad, as it could... You might not get that 10 winning streak.. But you have shown, you can bail out before.. and i think you can that again. And still make a profit.. :ok All mine is played as well.. Just lower figures than you. ;) around 1£ per bet..

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) thanks for the welcome. A mathematical symbol became ten-hearts card :D I just posted the maths but never said dont try. I hope you will finally win and you get the money. Maybe you can predict much better than average. This is something i wish because then i can follow you.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) I agree with you in some ways Daed, hitting 10 consecutive even money shots across ten weeks is just the same as hitting 10 in one accumulator, you're just having ten efforts at the same time. I can't see it working to be honest. Good luck tho FF!

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) TRIAL 3 - SELECTIONS 1. Spurs v Chelsea...................................£10 @ 1.86 Winner £18.26 2. Dumbarton v Morton over 2.5..............£10 @ 1.92 Loser (2 goals)embarassed.gif 3. West Ham v Bolton 4 or more..............£10 @ 4.33 Loser (3 goals)embarassed.gif 4. Gillingham v Notts F.............................£10 @ 2.32 Loser 5. Carlisle v Northampton..........................£10 @ 2.76 Winner £26.72 6. Burnley v Derby....................................£10 @ 3.02 Loser 7. Port V v Doncaster................................£10 @ 2.72 Loser 8. Bury v Wrexham...................................£10 @ 2.96 Loser 9. Wigan v Sunderland over 2.5.................£10 @ 2.32 Loser 10. Acc.Stanley v Exeter............................£10 @ 2.76 Winner £26.72 Very poor again today!! Bank - £196.39 Gonna leave these 3 run tonight without making any withdrawals and see what happens............. ohwell.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Trial 3 Selections round 2 1. Ath Bilboa v Sociedad over 2.5...........£26.72 @ 2.02 2. Le Mans v Troyes over 2.5.................£26.72 @ 2.42 3. Fiorentina v Sampdoria over 2.5.........£18.26 @ 2.3 Gonna hope for some goal gluts tonight to help me out laugh4.giflaugh4.gif God, I'm struggling to get anything lately May choose to save face after tonight but hoping i can pick up 2 out of 3 here.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) couple of more goals needed, im sure they will come, me and my mate have taken your idea and changed it a bit. For the first few weeks trying to keep as many lines a possible intact, then as the later rounds come thats where the money is made. Will take more than ten bets mind you, but all fun :D so far started with 8 lines and 5 still alive :unsure

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Trial 3 Selections round 2 1. Ath Bilboa v Sociedad over 2.5...........£26.72 @ 2.02 Winner £52.61 2. Le Mans v Troyes over 2.5.................£26.72 @ 2.42 Loser 3. Fiorentina v Sampdoria over 2.5.........£18.26 @ 2.3 Winner £40.70 Not a bad evening with 2/3 coming in......... 2 withdrawals of £12.61 and .70p to level off the stakes Bank - £196.39 Withdrawals £13.31 Revised bank -£183.08 Current running bank £80.00

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) I really like the idea, and the goal is certainly worthwhile. I think, though that if what you said here was in one of your saner moments then I'd like to address a couple of points (my 1c worth).

The moment of truth!!!! When I first started this thread it was as it said, in the hope of making £10,000 from £10 with the system I am using. However it is important that I dont leave it open to massive potential loss either. Going into Day 4 I will have only one selection standing - £86.98, so it will take 6 winning bets in a row from one selection to achieve its goal. As I cannot see this happening, I've decided to cut my losses here and effectivly take a £13.02 loss on the first attempt rather than seeing the Thread go down £100 after chasing an improbable goal. Yes, this may leave me open to ridicule, etc but at the end of the day, this is something which everybody who enjoys a bet should know - WHEN TO STOP!! My sole aim in this thread is to make a profit and chasing lost causes WILL NOT achieve that. Gentlemen.......Load your weapons but Attempt 1 has resulted in a £13.02 LOSS andI will begin attempt 2 later today topping up my original bank. Im intending to continue this thread until the end of the season and I feel this is the right plan of action in this scenario.
My thoughts are how to safeguard the initial investment; You want £10k from £10 in 10 bets. Fair enough, but because of the specific nature of the system could you not have a progression criteria? For example this criteria could be; Round 1 must have a minimum of 6 winning bets to get to Round 2. Round 2 must have a minimum of 4 winning bets to get to Round 3. etc. or I will voluntarily withdraw the smallest successful bet, in order to avoid staking £30,000 of my own money. :eek It would be possible to set your guarantee at the level where even if the system stopped, you would at least break even. It would also stand by what you said in the above post. It wouldn't detract from the enjoyment you are giving to others, win lose or draw, and I think you know enough to get close, sooner or later.:ok

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets)

Hi frisky, i have a question. Suppose you go well and you are on your 8th round. Your 10 are now 2500. Will you bet these 2500 to win 10000 and risk to lose 2490 ? :loon
er.....!!! Let me get to that stage first laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif Most likely....YES (there will have been a fair bit banked before this though) I will bet 2,500 to win 5,000 though and on to round 9 As one or two have already pointed out..........at this stage you will need balls of steel to ensure reaching your target

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Trial 4 - selections 1. Notts F v Brentford................................£10 @ 3.95 2. Port V v Rotterham................................£10 @ 3.20 3. Turkey v Denmark (+0 & +0.5 AH)..........£10 @ 1.84 4. Hinkley v Northwich...............................£10 @ 2.06 5. Morecambe v Tamworth.........................£10 @ 1.63 6. Dagenham v Exeter................................£10 @ 2.46 7. Leyton O v Bristol R...............................£10 @ 4.0 8. Bristol C v Colchester (+1 AH)................£10 @ 1.59 9. Bosnia v Belgium....................................£10 @ 2.9 10. Wales v England (any unquoted score)..£10 @ 7.2 No doubt someone will ask about bet 10. This basically is for any team to score 4 goals which I think England can do.... thought the price would be about 3.0 or 3.5 so was well impressed with 7.2 Heres hoping crossfingers.gif. No doubt that at least I'll be have a few laughs thrown at me for these selections but we'll see laugh4.giflaugh4.gif Bank - £283.08 (including present bank of £100) ohwell.gif Really hoping for 5/10 for tomorrow with at least one "big un" comin in to boost confidence and more importantly claw back some of my bank happy.gif Gentlemen, AIM YOUR WEAPONS!!! laugh4.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Have taken a bit of interest in this thread to the extent I started trying it last night but with slight variation. 1) I'm not just doing any 10 games - i'm doing the best 10 as they come along 2) I'm not looking at evens and above - i'm doing around 1/2 and above 3) I'm not aiming for £10,000 (although it would be nice) - I've not decided yet but thinking of cashing in when i get to 3 lines left from 10 - will decide later. 4) after a round of betting, I'll skim a little off the top and spread the rest evenly on the next round Picked 3 and they came in last night (England u21 4/9, Bradford 5/6 and Grays 11/10) so confidence is stupidly good (as it always is after a win!) :D todays picks to continue will be; HONEFOSS v sogndal evs hinckley v NORTHWICH evs HIK v skold 8/13 STAFFORD v moor green 8/15 this will take my line to 7 out of 10 - will post end of round results if I haven't nose-dived completely! thanks to the non-league guys (yet again) for pointing out some potential good bets. Friskyfitz - looks like a really good system:clap but I did cringe when I saw your latest picks:unsure . Hope you prove me wrong:hope .