** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > 18th-20th January

Darran

Hampton stopped it from being a blank on Saturday as they scored an injury time winner on another frustrating day. It has been a pretty tough last month or so and I can't help feel that the stop start nature of the season especially since the new variant of Covid has spread across the country has meant it has been harder to get a feel of the teams. Also the amazing run I had from September until mid-December was always going to hit the buffers eventually. You can also tell from my stakes that the confidence isn't as strong as it would often be at this time of the season. Every bet bar 3 in the last month has been 1 or 2 points and those 3 were all 2.5pts. It does mean that the damage done has been minimal though and taking January by itself I am still just in profit after last weekend. Hopefully we can add to those profits on Tuesday night as I have 3 bets.

Aldershot v Solihull Moors

I think Aldershot should be favourites for this game. Solihull's manager was quoted in Sunday's Non-League Paper basically saying the FA Trophy was getting in the way of league fixtures and that he could do without it. They have only played 13 league fixtures thanks to Covid and their FA Cup run and they are a side who will be looking to get into the play-offs. I can see them resting players for this and they clearly won't care if they get knocked out. They have done pretty poorly away from home this season as well. Aldershot look like they will finish in a solid mid-table position and the FA Trophy gives them a good chance to give fans something to cheer about after some tough seasons since they were last in the play-offs. 9/5 is too big and I would have them around 5/4.

Billericay v Chelmsford

I am going to back the home team here in the Essex derby. Billericay have really struggled, but sacking someone who couldn't manage to save his life and getting a good manager in is a start. They did lose 3-0 to Dartford in their first game under him, but that was a tough start and they were good on Saturday in a 2-0 win over Dulwich. I have a feeling we might see some improvement from them and I make them slight value to beat a Chelmsford side who had lost 5 on the bounce prior to beating Braintree and St Albans. I think they probably played St Albans at the right time so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Hemel Hempstead v Oxford City

Hemel put down a 3G pitch in the summer, but I bet they are wishing they had stuck with grass given they have managed to pick up just one point in 6 home league matches. I have written plenty about Oxford City this season and they are a good side. They surprisingly went 2 down against Haringey on Saturday, but in the end ran out 4-2 winners and they will be used to playing on a 3G pitch given they have one themselves. My guess is they will go off odds on so Even money is value for me.

Aldershot 2pts @ 9/5 with BetVictor

Billericay 1pt @ 13/8 with Bet365

Oxford City 2pts @ Evs with Bet365

As usual great picks Darran. Adnice lean on Oxford

I would like to ask why do you - british people - love fractional odds? They seem to be very inconvenient when you play parlay (accumulator), its much harder to multiply.

And it seems hard t ocompare which odds is better 13/8 or 2,72 on the first sight is hard to say what is greater odds. It has a practical implication when we try to compare odds in bookies to place bet at highest possible odds

What are advantages of fractional odds? 

I have my own conception but I would love to hear opiion of an expert

14 hours ago, Seguros said:

As usual great picks Darran. Adnice lean on Oxford

I would like to ask why do you - british people - love fractional odds? They seem to be very inconvenient when you play parlay (accumulator), its much harder to multiply.

And it seems hard t ocompare which odds is better 13/8 or 2,72 on the first sight is hard to say what is greater odds. It has a practical implication when we try to compare odds in bookies to place bet at highest possible odds

What are advantages of fractional odds? 

I have my own conception but I would love to hear opiion of an expert

It’s just what I’ve grown up with. Fractional odds have always been in horse racing and so bookies here have used them when betting moved into other sports as well.