** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

SIR PUNTALOT KO CUP 2nd ROUND - Deadline Saturday 2pm

It would seem that I have been left with the dregs for my non handicap favourite selections today.  I remember that @Trotteronce questioned whether a favourite in a low class race was possibly just as good as a favourite in a high class race.  I believe that @MCLARKEthen provided statistics to show that the classier favourite horses do better than their low class counterparts.  Never mind.  I will console myself with the knowledge that the classiest favourites usually face tougher opposition than their lower class counterparts.  Nevertheless, some fine tipping by my opponent today.

11.45 Chep Champagne Rhythm one point win at 9/4 with Bet365.  Let's hope that it doesn't get stuffed by yet another Paul Nichols runner

12.00 Ling Who Cares Wins one point win at 15/8 with Betvictor.  Let's hope that Hollie Doyle works her magic

2.30 Chep Easy As That one point win at 2/1 with Bet365. Hoping that Venetia has this one well prepped for the heavy going on the course that she is famous for.

Good luck to my opponent today as I try to avenge my defeat in the final last month. One can only hope that the match generates a little more excitement this time around.

Kempton 3.30 - Dhowin (ew @ 16/1 with Bet365)

Chepstow 3.10 - The Hollow Ginge (ew @ 28/1 with Bet365)

Wincanton 3.05 - Baignard (ew @ 10/1 with Bet365)

Reserves:

Kempton 3.57 - Nordican Bleue (ew)

Kempton 1.45 - Guitar Pete (ew)

Ken

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

It would seem that I have been left with the dregs for my non handicap favourite selections today.  I remember that @Trotteronce questioned whether a favourite in a low class race was possibly just as good as a favourite in a high class race.  I believe that @MCLARKEthen provided statistics to show that the classier favourite horses do better than their low class counterparts.  Never mind.  I will console myself with the knowledge that the classiest favourites usually face tougher opposition than their lower class counterparts.  Nevertheless, some fine tipping by my opponent today.

11.45 Chep Champagne Rhythm one point win at 9/4 with Bet365.  Let's hope that it doesn't get stuffed by yet another Paul Nichols runner

12.00 Ling Who Cares Wins one point win at 15/8 with Betvictor.  Let's hope that Hollie Doyle works her magic

2.30 Chep Easy As That one point win at 2/1 with Bet365. Hoping that Venetia has this one well prepped for the heavy going on the course that she is famous for.

I forgot to add the reserves

11.52 Win Malinello one point win at 5/6 with bet365

4.45 Chelm At Your Service one point win at 10/11 with Bet365

Sorry

What a dreadful day.  I hope that someone made some money!  Well done to @glavintoby for at least nailing one winner on this very difficult day for favourites in non handicap races ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

4.10 Chelmsford  Needwood Blossom  ( each way )  5/1 William Hill

4.45 Chelmsford  Your Choice  ( each way )  10/1 Bet Victor

5.45 Chelmsford  Joyfilly  ( each way )  5/1 Bet Victor

Reserves

3.30 Kempton  Shang Tang  ( each way )  9/1 Bet365

3.57 Kempton  Fransham  ( each way )  5/1 Bet365

Good luck Astle & everyone            :cheers

10 hours ago, kendallmintcake said:

3.10  CHEPSTOW

SPRINGFIELD FOX 8-1 P POWER  E/W

3.30  KEMPTON

HUNTERS CALL  11/1  P POWER  E/W

2-35  Hunt 

TWO  FOR  GOLD 9/2  E/W  P POWER

res

2.15 Lingfield  Cardano 

kendallmintcake Apologies I should have played you but when I last looked I hadn't qualified and I didn't realise there had been an amendment.

12 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Today's results.

image.png

Haha, what does this mean in relation to the next round?

@MCLARKEI can see that there are 3 clear contestants going forward however, the 4th is not clear to me.  There seems to be nothing in the rules about what happens when a contestant doesn't play in a round.  It doesn't seem fair to me to assume that someone who did not participate would have either got a winner or a placed selection and therefore should play off against each other in order to qualify.  What seems to me to be the fairest solution is for all including the one's who lost £3 should play off against each other to find the 4th contestant.  Just to show that I am not trying to get myself back into the competition and, since there would be 5 outstanding contestants in the play off, I am willing to exclude myself on the grounds of fairness for the competition.

Would like to know what @kendallmintcake, @Steve75, @Astleavista, and @Sugardaddyken feel about all this?  This looks like a difficult one to me.

Edited by The Equaliser
Further explanation

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Haha, what does this mean in relation to the next round?

@MCLARKEI can see that there are 3 clear contestants going forward however, the 4th is not clear to me.  There seems to be nothing in the rules about what happens when a contestant doesn't play in a round.  It doesn't seem fair to me to assume that someone who did not participate would have either got a winner or a placed selection and therefore should play off against each other in order to qualify.  What seems to me to be the fairest solution is for all including the one's who lost £3 should play off against each other to find the 4th contestant.  Just to show that I am not trying to get myself back into the competition and, since there would be 5 outstanding contestants in the play off, I am willing to exclude myself on the grounds of fairness for the competition.

Would like to know what @kendallmintcake, @Steve75, @Astleavista, and @Sugardaddyken feel about all this?  This looks like a difficult one to me.

As I explained to Kendallmintcake when I last looked I hadn't qualified and I was unaware that there had been a mistake so didn't play. That's the only reason I didn't play I wasn't trying to get through without playing.

Not an easy one, I wasn’t surprised that @Steve75 didn’t post as if like many others he checked the table after the qualifying round and found he wasn’t in the top eight he would have have had no reason to check again.

Personal feeling is that he and his opponent should play again to get a winner, as for @Sugardaddyken as he simply failed to show then I reckon he’s forfeited his chance.

Other results should stand, but happy to go along with whatever decision the organiser makes.

Ken

3 hours ago, Steve75 said:

Very kind suggestion Kendallmintcake!

Should this be the outcome then I cannot see how it could be incorporated into any future KO cup rules amendments.  Who is to say whether @Sugardaddyken did not have a valid reason for not playing or someone like him,/her in the future should two players not participate in a round.  It seems impractical for PL to run some sort of arbitration service.  The simplest addition to the rules would be for PL administration to say that players who do not participate in a round forfeit their chance of going forward into the next round. In this way the play off's for those who tied would take place as usual.

I feel that we need a decision that can be used in the rules for the future.

Also, I'm not sure what happens when there is an odd number in the play off's.  Perhaps @Trotter knows the answer to this one as it must have happened before.

Anyway, we will have to wait and see the outcome from @MCLARKEand the other administrators.  All very difficult

43 minutes ago, Steve75 said:

Leicester: 2.40 When You're Ready 5/2 @ Bet365
1.10 Jack Valentine 100/30 @ Bet365
Plumpton: 2.00 Star Academy 11/8@ Bet365

Reserves:
Plumpton: 2.30 Snuff Box 4/1@ Bet365
3.00 March Is On @ Bet365
Leicester: 3.40 Fontaine Collonges 1/1 @ Bet365 

Good Luck Kendallmintcake - apologies again for Saturday!

Thanks.

Apologies March is on is 13/2 @ Bet365