How's Your Poker Career Going in the Age of Covid-19?

muttley

I returned from Vegas in early March 2020, after a slightly unprofitable trip. Little did I know that, and wouldn't have believed you if you had told me, I wasn't going to play another live hand in 2020!

I've never considered myself as a winning online player. All of my successes have come on the live circuit. Not that I'm some sort of soul reader at the table, more due to the fact that I get too easily distracted when I'm sat in front of my laptop, and an annoying inability to multi-table. As such, my poker career (not really a career) is very much on hold. I've stopped reading poker books, watching poker videos, analysing my poker hands, because it's just not worth putting the hours in considering how little poker I'm playing.

My highlight of the week is the Punterslounge Poker League (:drums thank you Punterslounge). although it looks like some of you have been playing more online than  me.

So how is your Poker Love in the Time of Covid-19?

My situation mirrors your own to some extent Paul. When I returned from Resorts World with the NLHE trophy in February (thinly veiled brag), I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it might be 18 months or more before I played another live hand of poker.

We returned from the Caribbean in March and I organised a 9 seater home game, but one by one they all rightly gave back word for fear of breaching Covid rules.

There's only so much reading, walking, TV, DIY, gardening, backgammon and jigsaws you can do during lockdown. Other than writing my book, online poker has merely been a way of passing the time whilst under house arrest. Even though my bankroll is +$400 since March, online poker is a pale imitation of the live game and will never replace it for me. My love for poker hasn't diminished but my overall skill level definitely feels like it's been going backwards since March. I can't wait to play live again in the hope that I can start to put that right.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.