** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Sep 25th - 27th

champratings.jpg

Check out the latest odds and ratings for the Championship. The season is only a couple of weeks old and already the lack of consistency is showing in this division. It's a cruel mistress for us punters but that's what we love about it! Let's hear your predictions for this week's action! :ok

Huddersfield vs Nottingham F.

Huddersfield

Doubtful: Christopher Schindler (2/0 d, captain, probably out), Harry Toffolo (2/0 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Danny Ward (0/0 f), Lewis O’Brien (0/0 m), Rarmani Edmonds-Green (0/0 d), Terence Kongolo (0/0 d), Tommy Elphick (0/0 d), Ryan Schofield (0/0 g)

Suspended: -

Nottingham F.

Doubtful: Joe Lolley (2/0 f, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Tiago Silva (0/0 m), Fouad Bachirou (0/0 m), Samba Sow (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Nottingham Forest have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Nottingham Forest’s last 5 away games in Championship.
Huddersfield have failed to score in 75% of their last 8 matches in Championship.
Nottingham Forest have lost their last 4 matches in Championship.
Huddersfield have lost their last 3 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 25.09.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-09-2020-20784

Huddersfield vs Nottingham Forest

The opening game of the weekend in the Championship is a 7:45pm BST kick-off on Friday night between Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest at the John Smith's Stadium. Neither of these two sides have managed to pick up any points so far this season after their first two league games so they'll be hoping this is the game where they can get off the mark.

Huddersfield made the controversial decision to sack Danny Cowley and replace him with Leeds first team coach and under 23s head coach Carlos Corberan. It was a gamble of an appointment of a man that has no experience of managing at this level. It appears that so far the gamble hasn't paid off but it's early days. The Terriers have lost every single competitive game so far and haven't even been able to hit the back of the net. This is perhaps no surprise after the sale of Steve Mounie and the injury to last season's top scorer Karlan Grant. Another worrying statistic is the fact that Huddersfield have already faced 22 shots this season. Clearly, something needs to change.

Nottingham Forest might have failed to earn a point so far this season but the second half display against Cardiff last weekend offered a lot of cause for optimism. Head coach Sabri Lamouchi undoubtedly has the quality within the squad but it could simply be a case of waiting for the new arrivals to gel. The strike pairing of Lewis Grabban and Lyle Taylor is a goal machine waiting to happen. It just depends whether it takes a few games or a dozen games for things to start clicking but it definitely feels like it's a sense of inevitability that sooner or later the results will start coming.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I think Huddersfield are screwed this season. There was a massive weight of expectation on Grant last season and there's no doubt his 19 goals single handed saved the club from relegation. Can he do the same again and if he does then will the club be able to fend off expected January transfer window interest? I was impressed by Forest in the second half last week but their first half performance gifted us the points. I still feel I've seen more from Forest so far this season and they should come away with the win.

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 2.64 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.63 with VBet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Luton have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 4 matches in Championship.
Derby have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 home matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Barnsley’s last 9 home games in Championship.
Brentford have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Championship.
Blackburn have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 26.09.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-09-2020-20790/

Cardiff vs Reading

My weekly coverage of my beloved Cardiff is up next as they host Reading in a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Cardiff City Stadium. It's been a mixed bag of results for the home team so far but they face a stiff challenge against a travelling side that are one of just two teams with a 100% record to start this new campaign. Who will come away as the happier team after 90 minutes?

Cardiff might have narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League last season via the Championship play-offs but it's been a rollercoaster of emotions for us fans since the new season started. The euphoria surrounding the arrivals of the likes of Kieffer Moore and Sheyi Ojo has been tempered by the sacking of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and the departure of Danny Ward and imminent exit of fan favourite Callum Paterson. Still, Neil Harris is still carrying favour with the Bluebirds faithful after the club bounced back from two competitive defeats without scoring a goal to win 2-0 away to Nottingham Forest. The only issue is that they're playing a team in Reading who they haven't beaten in their last 9 meetings.

Reading have been struggling as a team in the second tier of English football for the past few seasons now with a lack of stability hampering their progress. The board made the controversial decision to sack head coach Mark Bowen in the off-season and replace him with the little known former Chicago Fire gaffer Veljko Paunovic. So far, it appears that shrewd move has paid off. The Royals are sat on top of the league table after 2-0 victories over both Derby and Barnsley. Keeping two clean sheets is a big improvement on last season and the fact all four goals in the league have been scored by different players shows they have goal threats all over the pitch. It's an encouraging start to their campaign.

These two sides have played each other a fair bit over the past 20 years. I've been to away games with Cardiff at the Madejski Stadium a few times. Always a fun trip. Anyway, the standout stat is that these games often end in draws. 5 of the last 9 encounters in the Welsh capital have ended in a draw and 2 of the last 3 meetings have ended in a 1-1 result. I am actually going to back another draw here. Even though I think Reading have started the season very well I think Cardiff will start to pick up some results now they've got that first win out of the way.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.87 with RedZone