** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Friday July 24th

The 8.05 at Newton Abbot has 3 horses from points/hunter chases and annoyingly I think all are capable of winning off their current marks, still at least the prices allow them all to be covered. The best handicapped horse in the race is Ballyknock Cloud and I will be surprised if he doesn't land a race off this mark. I put him up last summer ran he ran in two races over course and distance and he had no luck the first time as he was badly hampered at a crucial stage of the race, but managed to stay on into 4th. A month later he was disappointing, but I reckon there was something wrong as he jumped to his right pretty badly and was well beaten. Given he wasn't seen again it would also suggest there was an issue. It did mean though that he was dropped 4lbs which means he can go into a class 5 here. Fitness is an unknown obviously, but he was due to run in the race a few of these ran in a couple of weeks ago so he was obviously ready to run then. I think he looks a good e/w bet.

Bubble O'Clock was one I put up in that race a couple of weeks back and he ran well to finish 3rd. He loomed large leaving the back, but his run petered out suggesting he would come on for the effort. He still finished 3rd though and I think he can reverse form with Gold Mountain especially as he was dropped 2lbs in the handicap. I want him onside again.

Dido is the other one and he is worth a small e/w bet at double figures. The concern is his rules form hasn't matched his pointing form and he could just be one of those horses that can't transfer his form between the flags to the larger fences. However he did run well at Cheltenham a couple of years ago behind Monsieur Gibraltar in a race which worked out pretty well so there is something to cling onto. 94 is a fair enough mark for him in what is a pretty weak race.

Ballyknock Cloud e/w @ 6/1 with Bet365

Bubble O'Clock @ 5/1 with Bet365

Dido e/w @ 12/1 with Bet365

One Trixie today, quite a lot of Band A selections to choose from:

2.25 Bev Le Chiffre £2 win at 2/1
7.25 Rip Al Muffrih £2 win at 9/4 = 2/1 for multiple
7.35 N Abb Soldier Of Love £2 win at 6/4
One £1.50 win Trixie = £4 v Poss return of £62.64

One other singles bet:

1.10 Nm Zap £1 win at 6/1.  Al Rufaa is a strong favourite but may exhaust itself by not settling

Total multiples = £6

Total Singles = £7

Total stakes so far = £13

I will have to come back later with 50p bets as I am too busy this morning to sort them out

A few extra bets at 50p ew.

3.20 Nm Ethics Approval 10/1
4.10 Bev Cottonopolis 22/1 (PL Tip)
4.35 NAbb Punkwallagh 12/1

Still working on these so back a bit later

Back for a few dollars more.  All 50p EW

4.45 Bev Blazon 11/1
5.05 NAb Rocket Ronnie 11/1
5.35 NAb Ali the Hunter 10/1
6.35 NAb Kentford Heiress 10/1
8.05 NAb Barton Rose 12/1

Total single stakes now £15

Multiples £6

= Total stakes £21

I drew a blank on my mutiples today; one winner and two seconds = a £6.00 loss.  The multiples balance C/Fwd is now £639.83 (£800 Bank)

I did at least get one singles bet in which meant a £7 outlay and £5 return = a £2 loss.  I had a disatrous day with my 50p bets. Not even one got placed.  Cottonapolis only managed 3rd at 22/1 which would have been good at 1/4 the odds had it got 2nd.  Hence loss on 50p bets = -£8.00.  Total singles losses = -£10 and multiples = - £6.00 so a £16 total loss for the day.  The total singles balance C/Fwd = £348.79 (Bank £400). The 50p balance C/Fwd is - £7.65

There are about 13 high class races tomorrow so I shouldn't need to look at class 4 races for my multiple bets

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update