Why Do You Support the Club You Do?

I thought I'd get a simple question up in these quiet times asking how we all started supporting the clubs we do. It'll help us all to get to know each other a bit better and it's always interesting to hear the stories.

My story? Cardiff is my hometown team so I have supported them since I started watching football. During the dark basement days of the old Division 4 and 5-0 defeats at home to Maidstone I used to have Sheffield Wednesday as my allocated Premier League side. Everyone else chose the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, and (at the time) Blackburn. I wanted to be different. I still keep an eye out on the results of the Owls so always like to see @waynecoyne's view on things.

I follow a number of teams around the world in a similar way. I just like to have a favoured team I can give my backing to in each league. Usually due to an affiliation built up through Football Manager or visiting them in real-life. These include Alloa in Scotland, Carrick Rangers in Northern Ireland, Cork City in Republic of Ireland, Nantes in France, Freiburg in Germany, Roda JC in Netherlands, FC Nordsjaelland in Denmark, CSKA Sofia in Bulgaria, Los Angeles FC in the US, Club America in Mexico, Club Brugge in Belgium, and Inter Milan in Italy. I wouldn't call myself a supporter as such of those clubs but I like to see them do well.

My brother took me up the vale (port vale) as a four year old early seventies with vale at that time in the old division 3 used to kick a can around on the empty terraces not actually knowing what was going on by the time I was ten years old  the vale were battling to stay the football league year in year out then in the late 80s came the arrival of John rudge as manager this coincides with me falling in love with the club we went from losing every week to what is now the championship winning the auto glass trophy at Wembley a couple of promotions endless cup wins against spurs and Everton to just name two the nineties were incredible being above neighbours stoke for the first time in history incredible journey and then back down to the present day the last two seasons fighting to stay in the league and afloat(dreadful owner)now we have great new owners and my optimism is restored 50 years on..... up the vale all the best gaz 

• 2 weeks later...