** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > November 30th

Darran

A great night on Tuesday with Hartlepool and Eastleigh both doing the business. November has been pretty kind to us and we have one more Saturday left of the month. There will be some FA Cup tips in that section of the site, but I have 6 bets in the league's.

Aldershot v Chesterfield

What does John Sheridan have to do to get sacked? I am amazed he wasn't sacked earlier in the season and then results improved, but like I said in Tuesday's preview I never really thought their performances had improved. They were poor gain against Hartlepool and obviously conceding 5 goals meant they were poor again defensively. I have to take them on again and they travel to an Aldershot side who are now 4 points above them in the table. Take out their 6-1 loss at Dagenham they have performed well in the other 4 of their last 5 games. They beat Notts County last Saturday and then got a very good 2-2 draw at Yeovil on Tuesday night. They are surely going to get a few chances to score in this game given Chesterfield defensive frailties and I am happy to back a home win at 37/25 with Marathon.

Torquay v Stockport

It wasn't as comfortable as it should have been, but thankfully Torquay only got 2 goals back and Eastleigh held on for the win. I'm not as confident about opposing them again on Saturday as I do wonder if the Stockport players might be feeling the recent busy spell they have had, but at 5/1 with Bet365 they are a bigger price than they should be given Torquay's issues. Stockport were well beaten by Solihull on Tuesday, but Jim Gannon said afterwards that it was the first time this season that he could tell the difference from a part-time side and a full-time side and that he thought Solihull would be champions. This is an easier test for sure and I would have them at least half the price than they currently are.

Blyth Spartans v Brackley

As I have mentioned a few times recently I do think Blyth are better than their current position and so I think the 13/4 about them to beat Brackley offers a spot of value. I'd still make Brackley favourites, but their away form is not as strong as their home form where they are unbeaten. This is a tough trip to make for them as well and with Blyth playing well at the moment I give them a solid chance of being capable of picking up the 3 points.

Gloucester City v Kettering

I was hoping we would see a bigger price on the away side, but I do think that the price is just about value. Kettering have shown a big improvement since Paul Cox came in and I think they can pick up another win here against my own side. Gloucester have also recently changed their manager with former Aldershot assistant James Rowe coming in. His first game in charge was on Sunday in the FA Trophy and City were very poor when losing to Bradford Park Avenue. The players looked like they had never seen each other before and it was all a bit of a mess. Since then he has let two of our best players go back to their parent clubs and got two new ones in who I have my doubts about. At this stage I think the team looks like it will be weaker than the one who played on Sunday and with inexperienced Rowe coming up against very experienced Cox I think Kettering will have the upper hand here. Marathon are best at 41/25.

Braintree v Hampton & Richmond

I really fancy the away side here and when I first looked at the weekend prices it stood out massively for me. Braintree look a side in a right mess at the moment. The first game after their manager left they did mange to beat Hemel, but since then it has been very poor stuff. The old manager left because the club have no money and the fact that club captain Jake Hutchings has taken over the role clearly backs that fact up. He is only 24 and apart from the fact it was the cheap option it makes very little sense to me to have someone so young as manager. Since he officially took over though they have lost 6-2 to Welling and then lost 2-1 to a poor Yate side in the FA Trophy last week. Hampton are the better team for me and they have strengthened the side nicely in the last couple of months. They won 4 on the bounce and then lost 2-1 to Dartford and Weymouth before beating top of the table Wealdstone 2-0 in their last league game. On Tuesday night they beat Billericay 2-1 after their FA Trophy tie was called off on Saturday. As far as Braintree are concerned their Hemel win sticks out like a shore thumb amongst their other recent results. In my view Hampton should be favs for this game and at 23/10 with Marathon they look a fantastic price.

Biggleswade Town v Hednesford

Biggleswade lost their manager to Hendon and they have now lost 6 players this week to Hendon as well and although they have said they have signed new ones, you get the feeling that they are replacements to try and actually put 11 men on the pitch rather than being as good or better than the players who left. They lost 4-1 to Aveley in the FA Trophy last week and they are from the level below so that shows for me where they are at right now. Obviously Hednesford cost us last week when they had a surprising 4-1 defeat at Stratford, but I think we were unlucky with that and everything suggests it was a freak result. They had a good win against Coalville in the FA Trophy who are one place above them in the league. Odds against looks a cracking price although at this stage only Bet365 appear to have priced the game up.

Aldershot 2pts @ 37/25 with Marathon

Stockport 1pt @ 5/1 with Bet365

Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 13/4 with Marathon

Kettering 1pt @ 41/25 with Marathon

Hampton & Richmond 4pts @ 23/10 with Marathon

Hednesford 3pts @ 23/20 with Bet365

Thanks again @Darran, had Hartlepool and Eastleigh in a double. ?.

In regards to your question , What does John Sheridan have to do to get sacked? Unless I am wrong, the Chesterfield Chairman Dave Allen is a massive Sheffield Wednesday fan, hence ex-Owl Sheriden being manager. He also seems to employ quite a few other ex Wednesday players at the club. He does help the club financially (they are under financial pressure) but perhaps needs to put the actual club as the priority rather than rubbing shoulders with his idols. Anyway, in the meantime, let's carry on opposing them.

Edited by Bang on

27 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Thanks again @Darran, had Hartlepool and Eastleigh in a double. ?.

In regards to your question , What does John Sheridan have to do to get sacked? Unless I am wrong, the Chesterfield Chairman Dave Allen is a massive Sheffield Wednesday fan, hence ex-Owl Sheriden being manager. He also seems to employ quite a few other ex Wednesday players at the club. He does help the club financially (they are under financial pressure) but perhaps needs to put the actual club as the priority rather than rubbing shoulders with his idols. Anyway, in the meantime, let's carry on opposing them.

Yeah I’ve had people tell me on Twitter that there are reasons why he is still there but it seems the fans want him out

@Darran What about Yeovil @Bromley? Is it worth to try a shot on Yeovil? In last 5 league games Bromley won only once and that was away game @Sutton Utd... I know Yeovil are not good travellers but they are without league win in last 4 games and for contenders for high places this is quite bad even abysmal I believe...

1 hour ago, tomcody said:

@Darran What about Yeovil @Bromley? Is it worth to try a shot on Yeovil? In last 5 league games Bromley won only once and that was away game @Sutton Utd... I know Yeovil are not good travellers but they are without league win in last 4 games and for contenders for high places this is quite bad even abysmal I believe...

I’m a big fan of Bromley having tipped them for the title so would have to stick with them especially with Yeovil not in the best of form lately. It would be a no bet game for me though.