Racing Chat - Thursday Nov 14th

Douvan is back on Thursday:clap

Hope he goes well, win or lose he's a special horse :hope

Nap: 410 T: Sir Psycho 5/4 bet365
A 3yo tackling handicaps with all the allowances, more and more trainers doing this these days. Big advantage at this time of year.

Nb:  255 L: Marble Moon 9/4 betfred

EW: 305 T: Sid Hoodie 9/1 bet365

A fascinating entry for an American flat bred former K.Abdulla horse caught my eye for tomorrow.Trained by one of the "shrewdest" and oldest trainers in the world he has never jumped a fence in public and is still a maiden over timber (the horse that is),he goes straight into a handicap.

Torrid runs in the 1pm at Sedgefield and if he can put in a clear round could well win this.13/2 general.

18 minutes ago, Rolemat said:

18/1 SP Billy so a nice result but was obviously not a plot by the trainer,in my view looked like a schooling round and a more positive ride next time could see the horse jump better,were your own thoughts similar?

Yeah, he was well out the back, drifted like a barge, came through beaten horses.

Lined up for xmas:ok

You could be on to something there Billy,Mick needs a new coat after his old one was auctioned.Several ways we can decipher that race and he will not thank us for our interference,miserable old bugger if anyone second guesses him,I love him anyway so let us look at options.

He ran him off a high enough mark straight into a handicap and probably not best pleased that he was placed,the race fell apart though and proved to be pretty low level in form terms.So when assessed he is going to get a mark commensurate we should assume which means he could sneak in a Handicap off a feather weight at a Gaff track.The other alternatives are a Novice or Beginners Chase or back over hurdles in either a Novice,Maiden or Handicap.

Wherever he goes I think will be well worth keeping an eye on,what do you think yourself (or any others interested)?

Edited by Rolemat
wrong spelling