** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Championships

Fader

This gets started tonight. It's on ITV4. Looking at the draw, I'm going to take one main player from the top and one from the bottom and then a  couple of big outsiders with a squeak.

Top half houses MVG. Back to winning ways at the Champions League. I like Chisnall in this half though and this is mainly in the hope that MVG goes out against capable opponents such as Durrant, King or Cross. The value is more in the bottom half. I like Price and Wright here. Wright is in such good form right now, winning multiple events and making finals. It really looks like a Price Vs Wright Semi-final to me.

In terms of outsiders, I'll continue to back Ratajski here and Merv King is a real rough diamond. Capable of beating anybody on his day.

2pts E/W P.Wright to win 11/1 boylesports
1pt E/W D.Chisnall to win 28/1 boylesports
0.5pts E/W K.Ratajski to win 33/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W M.King to win 150/1 betfair

Tonights 1st round matches :

J.Cullen Vs M.King
D.Chisnall Vs D.Van Der Bergh
G.Durrant Vs R.Evans
A.Lewis Vs S.Whitlock
R.Cross Vs D.Webster
J.Wade Vs J.Clayton
MVG Vs R.Smith
D.Gurney Vs W.O'Connor

I'm going to go with Merv King to beat Cullen tonight. Cullen actually has a good record against King, Winning the past 3 encounters. But, I think King has the best recent form of the two. I'm also taking Darren Webster on the handicap, as Cross isn't in the best of form.

5pts M.King to beat J.Cullen evens bet365
3pts D.Webster (+2.5 legs) to beat R.Cross evens bet365

Well Merv King didn't turn up, but I feel pretty aggrieved to lose the Webster bet. 2-0 up and all you needed was 4 legs. Anyway, plenty of darts today as we complete round 1 and then get the next round. MVG is out, which helps everybody. Chizzy through on the outright. Todays matches :

Noon start
J.Hughes Vs J.Wattimena
K.Brown Vs S.Bunting
K.Ratajski Vs C.Dobey
N.Aspinall Vs S.Beaton
M.Suljovic Vs V.Van Der Voort
I.White Vs M.Smith
P.Wright Vs J.De Zwaan

G.Price Vs T.Evetts

6.15pm start
J.Cullen Vs R.Cross
D.Gurney Vs S.Whitlock
D.Chisnall Vs J.Clayton
R.Smith Vs R.Evans

1pt E/W S.Whitlock to win event 25/1 betfred

First up, a little punt on whitlock.The guy looked back to his best in the 1st round and I think this price is a big one for him. He's in a nice quarter.

I'm going to take Wattimena to beat Jamie Hughes. Hughes is a great player, but for me, when it comes to the TV stage, his results flatter to deceive. Wattimena has beaten Wright recently and although he's prone to go hot'n'cold, Id expect him to win this. Bunting is a better player than Brown. He's coming into abit of form now and Keegan Brown is another player who is very up and down and sometimes erratic.

Finally, I'll take Smith to beat Ian White. White is in a real purple patch of his career over the past couple of years, especially at the european tour stage. However, when these events go to the TV, he is a player that can have the odd dodgy match. Smiths scoring should overpower White. The fact MVG is gone will spur on Smith for sure.

5pts J.Wattimena to beat J.Hughes evens bet365
5pts S.Bunting to beat K.Brown 4/5 bet365
5pts M.Smith to beat I.White 11/10 betvictor

I'll take Dobey to beat Van Der Voort today. Van Der Voort, when he goes behind can struggle and I feel Dobey has enough about him to see this one out.

I'll also side with Wattimena against De Zwaan. De Zwaan is very much a player who likes taking on the big dogs on TV but when he is the favourite and expected to win, we may see another kind of performance

5pts C.Dobey to beat Van Der Voort 4/5 ladbrokes
5pts J.Wattimena to beat De Zwaan 13/10 betvictor

20 hours ago, Fader said:

I'll take Dobey to beat Van Der Voort today. Van Der Voort, when he goes behind can struggle and I feel Dobey has enough about him to see this one out.

I'll also side with Wattimena against De Zwaan. De Zwaan is very much a player who likes taking on the big dogs on TV but when he is the favourite and expected to win, we may see another kind of performance

5pts C.Dobey to beat Van Der Voort 4/5 ladbrokes
5pts J.Wattimena to beat De Zwaan 13/10 betvictor

Very poor performances from both players last night.