** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

PL Monthly Tournament

GaF

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Monthly Tournament Unfortunately kings were my nemesis. Lost with 1010 vs kk on a baby flop (kind of hand you laydown in a cash game). Then i had kk shortstacked and got called by a 10 who hit not one but two aces on flop and that was curtains. Thanks to Gotafancy for a good show again. Well done to all, just unlucky near the biggish money.

Re: PL Monthly Tournament GPWC also lost to 99.... THATS A killer tonight.... Just before the break i had 44 and called in early pos.. everyone before and after folded. Small blind called Big blind went all in.. I had aprox 2000 more chips than BB, and 5000 more than SB... I deceided to fold, after some thought... SB called couse he was low stack with KQ i think BB had AT... A hit flop... 4 on turn.. i would have won with my 4. :( And would have flied up to 30K from 12K... But was hard for me to call there.. Anyone that can tell me if it was wrong or right move?? Or if i should have taken the chance.. Think there was 54left atm.. Should i have taken my chance to get a shot on the bigger money, or was it correct to fold.?

Re: PL Monthly Tournament How big was the pot when you made your decision? And what were the blinds? You had one definite opponent and possibly 2 - heads up 44 has quite a good chance - against 2 opponents, you're struggling.

Re: PL Monthly Tournament

GPWC also lost to 99.... THATS A killer tonight.... Just before the break i had 44 and called in early pos.. everyone before and after folded. Small blind called Big blind went all in.. I had aprox 2000 more chips than BB, and 5000 more than SB... I deceided to fold, after some thought... SB called couse he was low stack with KQ i think BB had AT... A hit flop... 4 on turn.. i would have won with my 4. frown2.gif And would have flied up to 30K from 12K... But was hard for me to call there.. Anyone that can tell me if it was wrong or right move?? Or if i should have taken the chance.. Think there was 54left atm.. Should i have taken my chance to get a shot on the bigger money, or was it correct to fold.?
Personally i'd definately fold. With a low pocket pair like that, the best case scenario is being up against 2 overcards, in which case you are a very slight favourite to win once all the community cards have been dealt (against one other player). If, however, you are against an overpair, then you are a big underdog and need to get lucky. In your case you would have been up against 2 others, and unless you are against 2 people with the same unpaired hand (eg 2 people with AK) then you are most likely to need to hit another 4 and make trips, as you are fairly likely to be up against at least one overpair, and if not then probably 3 or 4 overcards. Depending on how people on the table had been playing, id consider folding 44 in early position. If it was quite likely you'd be able to see a cheap flop then i'd call, but if a lot of people were raising and reraising i'd just throw the hand away. Low pairs are good for seeing cheap flops and trying to make a set, and sometimes if the circumstances are right I go all in with them, knowing that it will probably cause everyone to fold, and unless somebody after me has a higher pocket pair then even if I do get called i'm a slight favourite. However low pocket pairs are definately not hands you want to CALL an all in bet with. Hope that helps bigokay.gif Kaz

I'm actually off to Budapest with a mate next week so won't be able to play.
lol - I am so disappointed...... :dude Well you should be safe from the Wooden Spoon!!
How about we don't include the worst 2 scores laugh4.gifwink2.gif
No fcuking chance!!!!:lol

Personally i'd definately fold. With a low pocket pair like that, the best case scenario is being up against 2 overcards, in which case you are a very slight favourite to win once all the community cards have been dealt (against one other player). If, however, you are against an overpair, then you are a big underdog and need to get lucky. In your case you would have been up against 2 others, and unless you are against 2 people with the same unpaired hand (eg 2 people with AK) then you are most likely to need to hit another 4 and make trips, as you are fairly likely to be up against at least one overpair, and if not then probably 3 or 4 overcards. Depending on how people on the table had been playing, id consider folding 44 in early position. If it was quite likely you'd be able to see a cheap flop then i'd call, but if a lot of people were raising and reraising i'd just throw the hand away. Low pairs are good for seeing cheap flops and trying to make a set, and sometimes if the circumstances are right I go all in with them, knowing that it will probably cause everyone to fold, and unless somebody after me has a higher pocket pair then even if I do get called i'm a slight favourite. However low pocket pairs are definately not hands you want to CALL an all in bet with. Hope that helps bigokay.gif Kaz
Okay thanks... Then i made right decision.. I limped in preflop.. Hoping to see the flop for just that.. The guy that went all in, had just a little less than me. So if i lossed, it would almost have been over. The other guy to act after me, had around 5K in chips left. So i thought that he would problably call with anything.. I had around 14K, SB had 6K and BB had 11K aprox... I think blinds was around 2K incl. antes.. I feel like i did the right thing.. And sounds to you like i did.. Thanks.

Re: PL Monthly Tournament Hmmmm.....an argument for playing it, was that you were relatively short stacked (you'd limped in for 2K, so had 6 times big blind left)- though you definitely wouldn't want 2 opponents. My gut feel is that when short stacked like that, limping in should be avoided - you either go for it with a stronger bet or fold - you can't really afford the chips to be limping.... Any stronger players than me (i.e. most of you!!) have a view on this?

Hmmmm.....an argument for playing it, was that you were relatively short stacked (you'd limped in for 2K, so had 6 times big blind left)- though you definitely wouldn't want 2 opponents. My gut feel is that when short stacked like that, limping in should be avoided - you either go for it with a stronger bet or fold - you can't really afford the chips to be limping.... Any stronger players than me (i.e. most of you!!) have a view on this?
I'm not sure i'm a stronger player than you :tongue2 but I do agree. Like I said in my post, if you know you'll be able to see a cheap flop then it's ok to call, but late in a tournament when the blinds are getting big in proportion to your stack, I very rarely just call (unless i'm in the blinds maybe), and either fold or raise (often all-in)