Non-League Predictions > April 9th

Darran

Maidstone v Barnet

Maidstone were finally relegated at the weekend and sometimes once a side's relegation is confirmed they can suddenly improve as the pressure is off, but that is my only worry about backing Barnet here as otherwise they look a cracking bet at odds against. Maidstone are bottom and they have been especially bad at home scoring just 15 and winning just twice. I don't really need to repeat what I have written about Barnet the last week as obviously they have won both times for us. They didn't play that well on Saturday, but a lot of that was down to the awful Maidenhead pitch and they still kept another clean sheet whilst nicking a goal. On a 3G pitch there is no excuse for them not to be able to play football. The last goal they let in was 8 games ago against Halifax and given Maidstone can't even average one a game at home surely it will be a case of Barnet only having to score to win this. I don't really get the drift at all and 11/10 looks a cracking price.

Alfreton v Hereford

The home side were unbeaten in 6 going into their game against Altrincham on Saturday, but they were then hammered 7-0. It is hard to know quite where that came from and we might see a response tonight, but then again given the team have nothing to play for they might not and Hereford are value to win this. They are in good form as Brackley are the only team to have beaten them in their last 9 games. They came back from 2 down on Saturday to draw 2-2 with 2nd place Stockport and they clearly wanting to finish the season strongly. At 2/1 they look the value call here.

Barnet 4pts @ 11/10 with BetVictor

Hereford 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365

12 hours ago, Darran said:

Maidstone v Barnet

Maidstone were finally relegated at the weekend and sometimes once a side's relegation is confirmed they can suddenly improve as the pressure is off, but that is my only worry about backing Barnet here as otherwise they look a cracking bet at odds against. Maidstone are bottom and they have been especially bad at home scoring just 15 and winning just twice. I don't really need to repeat what I have written about Barnet the last week as obviously they have won both times for us. They didn't play that well on Saturday, but a lot of that was down to the awful Maidenhead pitch and they still kept another clean sheet whilst nicking a goal. On a 3G pitch there is no excuse for them not to be able to play football. The last goal they let in was 8 games ago against Halifax and given Maidstone can't even average one a game at home surely it will be a case of Barnet only having to score to win this. I don't really get the drift at all and 11/10 looks a cracking price.

How did Barnet (after was one up) manage to get 2 goals against relegated Maidstone??? Anyone saw this game?

After going a goal up so early Barnet really should have seen the game out. I had a listen to an interview with the manager and it seems they might have thought they were going to have an easy night so weren't on it mentally. In some ways that early goal might have made things worse. Frustrating but at least it means Braintree are bottom again from an ante-post point of view