** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > March 2nd

Darran

So football head back on after a busy few day's on the racing front and hopefully I can bounce back from a disappointing mid-week session. Not much damage done, but it was frustrating all the same given I had left the last two Tuesday's alone. I have 6 bets for Saturday and unusually for me only one of them is bigger than 13/10.

Previews to follow

Barnet v Barrow

Barnet are a strange because they really shouldn't be in a relegation battle because as their FA Cup run shows they have a very good team and on their day are capable of putting in a great performance, but although they have a few games in hand they have to be very careful they don't go down. They have only won 2 of their last 10 league games and haven't won in 6 now. Their home form also seems to be a bit of an issue and it is hard to understand why they are so short to win this. Barrow have only lost one of their last 10 league games although on the other hand they have only won one of their last 7, but I think they have deserved more points than they have got. They drew 0-0 with Ebbsfleet last week and they were unlucky not to win. Their away form has been strong of late and as much as some people might want the draw onside I think the price for them to win the game is at least a point bigger than it should be.

Bromely v Boreham Wood

It has been 8 league games since Boreham Wood last won and they have picked up just 3 points in that spell with just one of those coming in their last 5 games. They have looked poor as well and the only thing that can save them in this game for me is if their week and a half off has seen them improve. Bromley are in 3rd place in the last 10 games form table and their only loss in the last 9 games was against Eastleigh which given they are top of the last 10 games form table shows their was nothing wrong in losing 1-0. They really have turned the corner after a slow first half or so of the season and although the play-offs look out of reach they should be able to carry on their good form here and they are strong at home.

Chippenham Town v Oxford City

Oxford City threw away a 2 goal lead last week to lose 3-2 to Billericay which was good new for us and it obviously meant they continued their poor run of form. I think it is worth opposing them again here and Chippenham look a big price really. They are having a very solid season and have lost just once in their last 7 games. They have won 9 at home, drawn 3 and lost 4 and strangely enough Oxford's away form is the exact opposite. With Oxford looking booked for mid-table obscurity and Chippenham in with a chance of the play-offs that also means the homes side have an advantage.

East Thurrock v Billericay

Fair play to East Thurrock they caused Torquay more problems than I thought they would on Tuesday night and it was only a late goal that meant Torquay came away with a 2-1 victory. I just wonder if that effort may leave a mark though and as much as they would love to get one over their Essex rivals I just don't seem them being able to. Billericay did really well to win last week having been 2 down and then seeing out the game with only 10 men. They also got a good draw at Wealdstone on Monday night as they are flying at the moment and I just don't see them losing to a team who are destined to be playing step 3 football next season. Odds against is a big price.

Harrow v Taunton (Southern Premier South)

To be fair to the home side they a really good 4-0 over Poole last Saturday and if in that form they would have a chance of getting something out of this, but that performance really sticks out like a sore thumb because it is their only win in their last 9 and they have only picked up 3 other points in that time and funnily enough one of those was against Poole. The other 2 came against Basingstoke who are level on points with them and Walton Casuals on Tuesday night who are one point from safety and have a terrible away record. Taunton are top of the table as they look to win their 2nd title on the bounce and although they under performed on Wednesday night in a 1-1 draw against Swindon Supermarine, that was a much tougher game than this and odds against quotes look big on them bouncing back with a win.

Tiverton v Met Police (Southern Premier South)

Met Police are also in the title hunt and again they look big at odds against to win this. They didn't win in 4 prior to thrashing bottom of the table Staines last Saturday, but they had 4 really tough games. The only defeat was to Wimbourne who were bang in form and then they drew with 2nd place Weymouth, 3rd place Salisbury and Farnborough who are the most in form side in the division. Tiverton on the other hand are pretty poor this season after a good campaign last time around and their only two wins in their last 10 games have come against Gosport and Staines. The two draws came against a Hendon side who have only picked up 7 points in their last 10 games and Merthyr who are very in and out. Met Police should be odds on for this and look a cracking bet.

Barrow 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor and Boylesports

Bromley 3pts @ Evs with Bet365 and BetVictor

Chippenham 2pts @ 13/10 with Marathon

Billericay 2.5pts @ 53/50 with Marathon

Taunton 2.5pts @ 5/4 with William Hill and BetVictor

Met Police 3pts @ 11/10 with William Hill, BetVictor and Bet365

Edited by Darran

Eastleigh vs Halifax (1) 2.25 1u

Eastleigh unchanged from the win vs Salford, while Halifax are missing topscorer Southwell and mid Edwards. Some injuries still hampering Halifax from putting out their strongest lineup and today startng Duku and Rodney, two debutants. Eastleigh at home should win.

Bromley vs BHW (1) 1.96 1u

Bromley missing key mid Sutherland is a blow, but replacement Higgs should be good enough. BHW missing four regulars and their recent defensive display does not inspire confidence. 

1 hour ago, Darran said:

Most points I’ve put up in weeks and that goes and happens. Sorry everyone that was a horror show. Strange results all over the place.

It happens! Don't worry about it... certainly looking at the football league it's getting to the point of the season where picking the outsiders over 3's is becoming the profitable option