** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

West Indies vs England Test Series

StevieDay1983

Right, I've been getting back into my cricket lately so thought I'd check out how things were doing in here. It's been a little quiet lately so thought I'd get some chat going. What have you all thought about England's dismal performance in the series so far? Personally, I think England went into this series a little naive. Joe Root has been too stubborn with his "positive" style of cricket and not yet understood that sometimes in cricket you need to bat safe and slow to weather a storm. All the warning signs of the pitches were there to be seen before the series started so I'm surprised England have been dominated so much.

It leaves us facing a third and final test where it's simply about saving face for England. England are somehow still favourites going into this game. I think the West Indies on offer at 2.62 with Ladbrokes is a great price. The ban of West Indies captain Jason Holder adds uncertainty but surely that will only galvanise the hosts.

What do you think will be the bets to place in this final test?

@neilovan, @pmwelec, @owenclass, @KillerKat, @Fader, @GIVEUSASPELL, @BigMozzyDog, and @Kingmoses.

Would agree that Windies would be the value but would expect England to win the 3rd. I would have said that before the 2nd though to be fair.

The couple of bets I would look at are "Roach top WI bowler" and "WI to get the highest opening partnership". Roach has been WI top bowler majority of innings with 4 wickets, 4 wickets and 5 wickets and you would expect him to be the main danger again on Saturday.

Somewhat of a trend is England losing an early wicket. Looking at "Highest opening" though, I would want atleast evens so I'll stick to just the one.

2pts Roach top Windies bowler 5/2 skybet

On 2/7/2019 at 12:15 AM, Fader said:

Would agree that Windies would be the value but would expect England to win the 3rd. I would have said that before the 2nd though to be fair.

The couple of bets I would look at are "Roach top WI bowler" and "WI to get the highest opening partnership". Roach has been WI top bowler majority of innings with 4 wickets, 4 wickets and 5 wickets and you would expect him to be the main danger again on Saturday.

Somewhat of a trend is England losing an early wicket. Looking at "Highest opening" though, I would want atleast evens so I'll stick to just the one.

2pts Roach top Windies bowler 5/2 skybet

Yeah, two great shouts there, Fader. I saw the Roach one when I was browsing and it looked tempting. You're spot on with the highest opening partnership. England are struggling in that post-Cook transition period. Any idea why Haseeb Hameed is continually ignored as an opener for England? I thought he was set to be the natural successor to Cook? I know his form last season was poor but it seems like that was a knock-on from him being dropped by England. Just suffering from a massive case of lacking self belief.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:52 AM, Fader said:

Good to see both of these come in yesterday, England look good to make it 2-1 atleast eh?

Yeah. It's no surprise that they adopt a more conservative approach and it pays off. I heard Alastair Cook talking about it last week saying Joe Root's expansive style is bold and exciting but it's naive. I think Jennings has got to be sacked off now though. He's getting out the same way time and time again. Just not learning from his mistakes and that's a concern.