** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Football Bet

EssexRover89

I put 3 bets on before start of season  

£100 

Huddersfield relegated/ Leeds top half / Portsmouth top half / Colchester top half 

returns £725 current cast out £533 atm 

£25 bet same as before but added Juventus league with winners/ Barcelona league winners/ rangers win the league without Celtic returns £600 no cash out as games going on 

£5 trebles £5 acca

Huddersfield bottom / Leeds promoted /Portsmouth promoted and Colchester top 7 returns £1500 if all 4 come in cash out £290 atm

should I leave it or take cash outs?

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Football Bet
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It depends, do you want to give up some expectation in return for lower variance ? I mean mathematically you will probably be "losing" some value by taking cash outs but you do reduce the variance and of course all bets could still lose etc and you end up with nothing. Depends if that amount of cash is really a big deal or. I mean say you were playing deal or no deal and there's the 1p box and the £250k box left and the dealer offers you £100k. The correct play mathematicaly is no deal as your expectation is £125k but I mean I would give up £25k ev to guarantee the £100k as how many times will I ever be in that position again and it's a serious amount of cash etc. Slightly strange analogy but you get the idea hahahaha