** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non-League Predictions > December 22nd

Darran

No you aren't seeing things this is the thread for Saturday (there maybe mid-week bets to follow in addition to the FA Cup one once more prices go up), but I have a rare early bet as I think the price is going to go by the time I do the rest of my bets.

Aldershot v Wrexham

Having opposed Aldershot yesterday it was annoying that it ended up a 3-3 draw as Bedford got very close to landing the 10/1 bet on them. They now replay on Tuesday night which isn't going to help ahead of this game, but as I mentioned in Saturday's preview the home side have a lot of injuries at the moment and things are so bad that they could only name 2 subs! It seems manager Gary Waddock might be on his way to Bristol Rovers, but he made a suggestion earlier in the season that there were issues off the pitch and it seems they have no money to get anymore players in. As mentioned on Saturday they are on a shocking run of form and have even lost their last two home league games having been so strong at home earlier in the season. They face a Wrexham side who have only lost to Leyton Orient in the league in their last 10 games and saw off a useful Boston side easily in the FA Trophy on Saturday. For me Wrexham should be odds on and the 5/4 with Skybet (if you can get on) is a big price in my view. I would have them about 4/6 for this before the possibility of things getting worse for them in the Bedford match on Tuesday night and the fact Waddock might be on his way. The one slight concern is that Wrexham have drawn 4 of their last 5 away league games, but this is just the type of game they have to win if they are going to keep tabs with Orient and Salford and Aldershot look there for the taking at the moment.

Wrexham 4pts @ 5/4 with Skybet

The last two Saturday's have been poor and hopefully we can get some Christmas money on Saturday especially as I fancy some of the bets strongly. The Wrexham price has not surprisingly shortened although they have for some reason drifted back out slightly. I still think the price is value at the current odds if you haven't got involved. It doesn't seem that Aldershot are going to sign anyone although they are hoping they will have 11 fit players. Team news will be very interesting that is for sure. There are 6 other bets.

Alfreton v Stockport (National League North)

I really don't get the price of Stockport here as they should be firm favourites for me. Stockport are flying at the moment and have only lost one league game in their last 10. They thumped Ashton 6-0 on Tuesday night and prior to that the beat bang in form Spennymoor away from home. In between those two games they also won in the FA Trophy in a big local derby against Altrincham. On the other hand Alfreton are looking in shocking form at the moment. The only two teams they have beaten in their last 10 league games have been the bottom two sides in the division Ashton and Nuneaton. Last time out Spennymoor put 7 past them and they are looking a poor side at the moment. 2/1 is available if you can get it, but even the next best of 7/4 with Betfred looks a cracking price.

Ashton v Southport (National League North)
As mentioned above Ashton are in the bottom 2 at the moment and have only won 1 and drawn 1 in their last 9 league games and that 6-0 thumping by Stockport on Tuesday was their 4th loss on the bounce. I was a little surprised by the strength of Southport's team on Wednesday in a County Cup game given they played the Tranmere match on Monday, but I guess it beats training and of course none of them played in the FA Trophy game last Saturday. As I have mentioned plenty in recent weeks they have shown massive improvement and this looks a great game for them to pick up another 3 points in. 21/20 with BetVictor is the best price.

Kidderminster v Curzon Ashton (National League North)
I took Kiddie on a couple of weeks ago as they had been out of form, but they bounced back in good fashion to beat Brackley 2-0. That is their only game so far in December so as much as they will be fresh they might also be rusty, but they had two weeks off before the Brackley so hopefully that won't get in the way. Freshness over this busy period could be crucial and they start off with a very winnable game. Curzon haven't won in 6 league games now and their last 2 league games have both been away losses as well. I think the home side should be odds on here is 103/100 with Marathon is the right side of value for me.

Concord Rangers v Chippenham (National League South)
I mentioned the other week about Concord's superb home form ahead of their game against Hampton and they duly won 4-0 which took their home league record to won 8 drawn 1 and lost 1.They are worth backing at odds against in this match as Chippenham's form has taken a dip having lost their last two league games to Weston and Hungerford. On their day they are capable of beating most in the division, but they look of their game at the moment. Their away form has seen them win only 3 as well so it is all about the home team for me here.

Truro City v Wealdstone (National League South)
Take out a shocker when losing 4-0 to Oxford City and Truro are one of the most improved sides in the division. That is their only defeat in their last 7 league games and they thumped Weston in the FA Trophy last weekend. I would make them favourites to beat a Wealdstone side who are struggling for victories at the moment. They have only won 2 of their last 8 games and one of those was against Gloucester City a game I was at. It was a pretty poor game played out by two fairly poor sides so I am not hugely surprised they have struggled for wins since then. They were dumped out of the Trophy by lower league opposition last week and Truro look in better nick right now. 

Marine v Farsley Celtic (Evo-Stik Northern Premier)
Farsley certainly preformed with credit against Telford last week in the Trophy and they showed they could match teams in the league above. They sit in 3rd in position and given the games they have in hand over the teams above they are in prime position for the top spot. They have won 7 of their last 9 league games and drawn the other two. It should be another 3 points here and I can't believe that Farsley are odds against. It has been 11 league games since Marine last picked up 3 points and they blew a 2-1 lead last week. I have only seen Bet365 price this game up so better than 11/10 might appear, but that looks a good price.

Stockport 4pts @ 7/4 with Betfred
Southport 2pts @ 21/20 with BetVictor
Kidderminster 3pts @ 103/100 with  Marathon
Concord 2pts @ 117/100 with Marathon
Truro 2pts @ 23/10 with BetVictor
Farsley Celtic 3pts @ 11/10 with Bet365

23 minutes ago, blueboy199 said:

Cheers mate. You're all-in at the moment.

Yep and it’s not necessarily something I like doing as it isn’t obviously a risky strategy should it go wrong, but it just happens that I fancy 7 bets pretty strongly which is a pretty rare event itself. Let’s see what happens.

4 hours ago, mijOsim said:

According to Aldershot website, they will have 11 fit players for this match. Dont know how many of them would be in starting eleven in normal conditions. Odds on guests jumped a bit.

I listened to an interview with the manger yesterday and he said he hoped he would have 11 fit players. All the money for Wrexham again now and as short as 4/7.

4 hours ago, Darran said:

I listened to an interview with the manger yesterday and he said he hoped he would have 11 fit players. All the money for Wrexham again now and as short as 4/7.

Odds really went down so cant take guests anymore.

What do you this about Farsley to score 2 or more (1.85)? They have pretty good scoring record and look really good upfront. Thinking to take this big.

24 minutes ago, mijOsim said:

Odds really went down so cant take guests anymore.

What do you this about Farsley to score 2 or more (1.85)? They have pretty good scoring record and look really good upfront. Thinking to take this big.

4/5 I think is still available and I think that still has some value in it. Racing Post have tipped them up as well.

I would rather just back Farsely to win myself but it is up to you if you want to take that every chance they will still a couple at least.

Braintree vs Boreham Wood (2) -0.25 1.96 1u

Braintree had a bad game last time out and today's outfield players are even weaker than their last game. Boreham Wood's away results aren't really inspiring, but against Braintree's mess of a lineup, should be able to win.