** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Win Both Halves

Xtc12

Had a look into this yesterday and found that you can get some good prices on odds-on teams.

Went through English Leagues, Scottish and the top 6 European Leagues to see how often it occurs.

As would have been predicted the teams that came out on top were the top teams in each league (well almost)

Man C, B.Munich, PSG, Porto and PSV/Ajax all had the most wins in their leagues, but no sign of Barcelona, R.Madrid (who are in chaos), Juventus, Celtic.

In actual fact there are some big names missing from the Top 7 overall. I know some of the leagues have played more games than others but here are the Top 7.

Man C, PSG, PSV, and Ajax all 6 occasions and B.Munich, Peterhead and Barnsley on 5.

Teams you would expect to have some kind of returns would be Liverpool (3), Spurs and Juventus (1), Barcelona (2), R.Madrid (1), Celtic (2)

In some cases teams as high as 4th in their leagues have not achieved this so far this season 

Just to keep an eye on this for the rest of the season I will papertrail this with a yankee on the 4 top teams that are Evs or above and also singles on the highest place teams that have not achieved Win Both Halves this season.

Week 1

PSV @ 21\10

Peterhead @ 21\20

Chelsea @ 17\10

Porto @ 9\4

Not expecting much from the yankee (well not expecting much from any of this) but lets see. I separated the teams by the lowest odds.

Singles : all of these teams are in 4th place in their leagues.

Rio Ave @ 7\2

Inverness @ 10\1

Arsenal @ 14\1

Norwich @ 13\2

Newport @ 10\1

:hope

Edited by Xtc12

Interesting. There was a heyday when this market was regularly overpriced, by the long gone Blue Square in particular. I think that tended to be on teams who were big underdogs. I recall a few winners between 25/1 & 40/1 on teams playing Real Madrid & Barca in particular.

Sorry, just realised I'm talking about the "score in both halves" market rather than win both halves.

Edited by harry_rag
Correction

Well week one came up as a big loss.

Chelsea was a winner no returns from the Yankee.

When I saw the score for Norwich thought it was a dead cert for a WIn Both Halves.

Yankee

Man C (7) @ 2\1

PSG (6) @ 11\8

PSV (6) @ 5\4

Ajax (6) @ 11\10

Singles

Norwich 2nd @ 9\2

Just out of interest, presuming the teams that you expect to be there and aren't (celtic, r Madrid etc) are still winning most of those matches, would ht draw ft home win be worth looking at for them?

Bookies will be expecting the ht/ft home win too so odds might be decent

10 hours ago, only1woz said:

Just out of interest, presuming the teams that you expect to be there and aren't (celtic, r Madrid etc) are still winning most of those matches, would ht draw ft home win be worth looking at for them?

Bookies will be expecting the ht/ft home win too so odds might be decent

@only1woz am I right in saying you are on about top teams, who are not up there, check their results at home only, draw HT win full time.

Went to update this tonight and realised I hadn't posted. Anyhow as its only a papertrail the yankee was

Man C @ 17\10   :ok

PSG @ 21\20   (won first half, must have been saving themselves for Wednesday)

PSV @ 6\5   :ok

Barnsley @ 4\1

Returned 5.94

Single would have been Norwich 1st at the start of play Won @ 9\1 :cigar

On 12/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, Xtc12 said:

Yankee (feeling lucky this week)

PSV (9) @ 21\10   :)

Man C (9) @ 7\5   :)

PSG (7) @ 6\5    Post

Chelsea (7) @ 5\1   :@

Returns : 20.38 

Well at half time in the Chelsea game it was looking rosy but not to be. Nothing in the singles.

• 3 weeks later...