Racing Chat - Sunday Aug 19th

230 Pontefract 

Lynwood Gold 4/1 bet365

Not much to shout about on Sunday so will take a chance on Lynwood Gold coming back to form. Has been running better than form figures may suggest but has to be said still a bit disappointing. Anyway he showed more at Goodwood last time back over this trip and if he can reproduce that (or better) he will take some stoping in this weaker company.

335 pont

Rock on Bailey's 299

Foxtrot lady   297

Darkanna  293

darkanna is an interesting horse but 193 day layoff a big negative but any money would be noteworthy.....top two have strong distance form and are also 1stvand 2nd on speed ratings.....at 3 and 6 try and squeeze some out 

Foxtrot lady 6 pts win 3/1 corals

Rock.on Bailey's 4pts win 6/1 bet365

Edited by richard-westwood

Just had a quick look at Pontefract and one thing jumped out at me with regard to the 6F Listed race at 3.35

The 3 horses with the highest Official Ratings are drawn in the outside 3 stalls in quite a big field

Low numbers have an advantage so I'm wondering if there's an angle into the race looking beyond the highest rated horses (two of which are 1st and 2nd Favs)

The one that takes my eye is Dance Diva at 6/1 --- has won twice in Listed company, drops down from Group 3, has won at a track with a stiff uphill finish and gets 7 furlongs so should be running on up the hill, Drawn in stall 3

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

Just had a quick look at Pontefract and one thing jumped out at me with regard to the 6F Listed race at 3.35

The 3 horses with the highest Official Ratings are drawn in the outside 3 stalls in quite a big field

Low numbers have an advantage so I'm wondering if there's an angle into the race looking beyond the highest rated horses (two of which are 1st and 2nd Favs)

The one that takes my eye is Dance Diva at 6/1 --- has won twice in Listed company, drops down from Group 3, has won at a track with a stiff uphill finish and gets 7 furlongs so should be running on up the hill, Drawn in stall 3

Dance Diva could be a good bet, although I still prefer Foxtrot Lady

(see my selections for Pontefract below).

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

Just be careful at Ponty, one heavy shower and its soft ground, they water so much it doesn't take much to change things, and then its a big advantage being drawn high. 

:ok