** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2018 French Grand Prix

French Grand Prix (3.10pm Sunday)

The F1 schedule sees the return of the French GP this weekend at the Paul Ricard Circuit, the last time we raced here was 1990 so we dont have any worthwhile stats this time round.

The circuit has been modified and now we have a chicane along the Mistral straight, the race will consist of 53 laps.

F1 will race on the 15-corner, 3.6-mile circuit for its 2018 return with the layout featuring one noticeable change from the past - the use of a chicane to break up the 1.1m Mistral Straight.

The FIA has predicted cars will reach a top speed of 213mph before braking for the chicane, in what the governing body hopes will provide overtaking opportunities.

Appropriately, the French GP's return coincides with a revival in the country's driver production line. The presence of Romain Grosjean, Esteban Ocon and Pierre Gasly on the 2018 grid means France is more represented than any other country. (Sky Sports)

frenchGP.png

French GP

Mercedes have bounced back to form and will have both Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas on the front row for the French Grand Prix later today.

Hamilton is a very predictable 1/2 shot and with his team mate fro back up it looks like this race is their for the taking. The only one interesting thing is that the Ferrari's will be on a different strategy after qualifying on the quicker ultra softer tyre. 
Basically it means they will be quicker in the early part of the race but will have to pit much sooner. Normally this is not a great strategy as its very crowded early on and difficult to get the best out of your tyres (unless you are in front). On tis circuit it may just work as there are places top overtake, at least it gives us something to watch.Vettel in particular will be going for the throat early on.

Red Bull will be hoping Ferrari have made a strategic blunder and this would leave a podium spot up for grabs, Verstappen is in the best place for that and is 6/5 with Ladbrokes to finish in the top 3.

In the Overs/Unders market I fancy few retirements here, there is a plenty of run off places and once the first lap is out of the way it should be pretty straight forward for these drivers, reliability is pretty good these days so backing Evens for over 16.5 finishers looks the way to go (2/5 for over 15.5).
I see their betting 4/7 for a Safety Car, I'm not sure thats a certainty and it wouldn't appeal to me.

Best value in the points market for me is Nico Hulkenberg at 4/5 with Laddies, he starts on 12th so it wouldn't take much of an effort to get into the top 10. In my opinion he's much better than the Haas or Sauber drivers who are in front of him on the grid.

Bets
M.Verstappen Podium 6/5 Ladbrokes
Over 16.5 Finishers 1/1 Paddy Power
N.Hulkenberg Points 4/5 Ladbrokes