** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Monday June 18th

335 Ayr

Jack The Truth 3/1 bet365

Running well at the minute and interesting that trainer George Scott has come up to Ayr to find a race for his sprinter Jack The Truth. He's been in decent form and was just touched off at Lingfield last time off a mark of 76. Prior to that he was only 4th when lady ridden in an Apprentice contest and was coming back after a lay off, so excuses there.
Blinkers are on here and Danny Tudhope booked (if fit) so all looks set for a big run.

7 hours ago, EviL ZippY said:

another from the book, worth an ew Red Handed W7:00 @ 10/1 

up in trip, which is what I’ve got scribbled that he needed

I can see why you might go for this horse, although Wolf Hunter beat it convincingly last time and even with the claimer and a better a better start I don’t think that will be enough. Maybe betting without the fav, eway or forecast. I know it’s boring but I have backed Wolf Hunter with a good size bet. I think there is a race for Red Handed! Be interesting to see how it goes!

53 minutes ago, NOSBOR said:

Hello Nosbor, 

I personally don’t do mathematical betting, not your kind anyway! I do like to either to try and work out the form and I sometimes get some info or guidance  form my job role and add it into the mix. So good luck in your picking! I now understand the logic in your picks! It’s just mathematical logic which I hope takes into account the usual factors. I do think that you should mention how you get to the picks for people who just bet blind on selections. I would sometimes say if I’ve been told by the ‘bloke in the pub’ or ‘my colleagues dad who is a trainer’ or my own picks with a bit of logic.

oh Billy (if that’s your name/stage name) you did make me laugh with your comment yesterday!

Edited by godofhorses
Spelling

Re Nosbor staking plan. I must admit this is my weakness! I’m really crap at sticking to these things! Sometimes I look at a race and think omg it can’t lose and I whack on a couple of hundred, when I’m betting for fun I sonetimes have a fiver each way or gi for some forecast or Acca! I think it all goes on personal circumstances! Anyways I checked my p & l and I’m up around 7k up for 2018 but I must admit when I win I treat the family or go on a big night out so I know I’ve spent it on something. So there’s my staking plan! Shambolic! But I never let it affect my household spend/bills. So I can’t talk nosbor! Good luck and smash the bookies all! 

Edited by godofhorses
Spelling

5 hours ago, godofhorses said:

I can see why you might go for this horse, although Wolf Hunter beat it convincingly last time and even with the claimer and a better a better start I don’t think that will be enough. Maybe betting without the fav, eway or forecast. I know it’s boring but I have backed Wolf Hunter with a good size bet. I think there is a race for Red Handed! Be interesting to see how it goes!

up in trip & gets a few lb’s 

worth a punt imo :)