Racing Chat - Saturday May 19th

140 Bangor

Swashbuckle 9/4 bet365

Going to give Swashbuckle one last chance to get it right over hurdles. I think his form is better than it looks and last time was a beaten favourite. That race at Hexham was ruined by the low sun which led to many hurdles being taken out and it turned into a sprint. Blinkers have been fitted for the first time and looks to have Aardwolf to beat.

Here are my ramblings as I try and find my Nap for tomorrow

Thirsk 3.55
Helovaplan 
Open to improvement after just nine runs, he is in form after a decent 3rd of 10 off the same rating at Musselburgh lto. Sure to improve for the pipe opener and also a CD winner. Most of the other are out of form except the main danger Midnight Macchiato who could push Helovaplan close. 

Thirsk 5.05
Carlton Frankie
This looks a lot easier than the hot 5f dash he took part in at York on Wednesday. He finished 4th there, it looks like he has improved form 3-4yo, he gets his ground again and has no ratings increase.  5/1 Bet365

Newmarket 5.35
Mr Pocket looks thrown in on the evidence of what he has achieved previously.  Winning last time out he has been raised to a rating of 74 but defied a rating of 76 to win at Bath last year. 3/1 Skybet

Doncaster 5.50 
Clenymistra 
Won first time out last season so make go well again. Decently handicapped and well handicapped if improving from 3-4yo. Looks like stable's second string as David O'Meara's Ingleby Hollow is current favourite, however the horse doesn't know that. Snookered looks the main danger to me. 

Doncaster 8.50
Ma Fee Heela
Supremely well handicapped due to putting in some below par performances. However I think that the softer ground doesn't suit him as well as G-F. He has been running against better horses than these so the slight ease should assist him. Usually ridden off the pace, this may help him down the straight at Doncaster.  The cheekpieces are re-introduced here which also may bring about some improvement.  This is his third run for David O'Meara who goes well here and was well backed lto. 13/2 Bet365

Uttoxeter 8.05
Get Ready Freddy
Won a chase off a 100 late last season, resumes off 87. CD winner, trainer in form.  Might need the race. 
3/1 PP

Bangor 2.50
Equus Millar 
Came good last time, can't see the extra weight stopping him against this lot.
7/2 PP

Update 

The going has changed at Newmarket to just G-F, I think it will keep firming up so this ramble last night about Mr Pocket needs readjustment as Shamshon and Majestic Hero will be more suited by the ground. Mr Pocket should still be to the fore and may still prevail as he's well handicapped but if it picking now I'd go for Shamshon instead. Not a backing race for me anyway. I went for Helovaplan, Carlton Frankie (Non Runner) and my nap in the 8.50 at Doncaster. More sunshine in Donny please. 

Newmarket 5.35
Mr Pocket looks thrown in on the evidence of what he has achieved previously.  Winning last time out he has been raised to a rating of 74 but defied a rating of 76 to win at Bath last year. 3/1