** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

How Did Your Premier League 17/18 Betting Go?

The 2017/18 Premier League season has come to a close. It was a brilliant season on the pitch but how did you fare off the pitch with your betting? Share any form or tables you have of your betting statistics in here. Feel free to just post any thoughts on which teams did well or poorly for you in the betting. :ok

Personally, I had positive results with the BTTS and total goals scored. I struggled a bit with the outright markets which was disappointing. West Brom under Pardew proved particularly profitable because I anticipated he'd do a terrible job. Unfortunately, Everton and West Ham let me down a fair bit because they lacked consistency.

On 16/05/2018 at 10:03 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

The 2017/18 Premier League season has come to a close. It was a brilliant season on the pitch but how did you fare off the pitch with your betting? Share any form or tables you have of your betting statistics in here. Feel free to just post any thoughts on which teams did well or poorly for you in the betting. :ok

Personally, I had positive results with the BTTS and total goals scored. I struggled a bit with the outright markets which was disappointing. West Brom under Pardew proved particularly profitable because I anticipated he'd do a terrible job. Unfortunately, Everton and West Ham let me down a fair bit because they lacked consistency.

When you say you struggled a bit in the outright markets am I right in assuming thst it was mainly the relegation market (WBA notwithstanding) that let you down? If not which ones please ?

Edited by moggis

2 hours ago, moggis said:

When you say you struggled a bit in the outright markets am I right in assuming thst it was mainly the relegation market (WBA notwithstanding) that let you down? If not which ones please ?

Well, yeah. It was a season that defied the odds with a few teams. Burnley were a team that surprised me a lot. I've always been a big fan of Sean Dyche but I thought after selling Andre Gray and Michael Keane plus the injury to Tom Heaton I honestly didn't think even Dyche could save them. However, the rise of James Tarkowski, Nick Pope, and the signing of Chris Wood really helped them.

West Brom were a shock to me until Tony Pulis was sacked. Then when they hired Alan Pardew I did fear the worst for them. Stoke were a disaster waiting to happen but I felt they still had the players to keep them up. I thought Huddersfield, Swansea, and Brighton would all fair worse.

I was also a bit disappointed by Southampton and Chelsea. I know Chelsea bottled their last title defence but that was under a disgruntled Jose Mourinho. I thought Antonio Conte had more steel about him. I suppose I should have taken on board the warning signs after that text he sent to Diego Costa! :lol

• 2 weeks later...