** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > April 19th

Darran

Matlock v Stalybridge

Given the amount of games on Thursday this week I am starting a new thread especially as for some it is their 2nd game of the week. For Stalybridge though it is their 3rd game. They played a county cup game on Monday which went to extra time and they then played a league game against Ashton on Tuesday night where 8 of the players who started on Monday started again. I mentioned this on Twitter just before kick off and suggested people got involved in the handicap markets and at half time I at 1-0 I was fairly confident Ashton would kick on in the 2nd half especially as they had dominated the first. Amazingly Stalybridge ended up winning the game 2-1 which was some feat given in the league they had only got 1 point in their previous 5 games and Ashton were in good form and are trying to stay in the play-offs. Stalybridge also played on Thursday and Saturday last week so this will be their 5th game in a week. For their hosts Matlock it will be their 5th game this month! In addition they are in good form at the moment having won 4 on the bounce. Now they did also play on Tuesday night, but they will surely have the fresher legs here. Stalybridge v Ashton is a derby game and I just wonder if that was the reason that they were able to get a result. Matlock look a decent bet at odds against (11/10) with BetVictor.

Matlock 3pts

Like this, had them -1 at 14/5. Loved the fact that they had 2 keepers on the pitch at one point as 4 of their players didn't make it due to broken down car!!!! That really helped our cause. Sounds like Celtic still had a lot of fight in them though

2 hours ago, sammydubs said:

Like this, had them -1 at 14/5. Loved the fact that they had 2 keepers on the pitch at one point as 4 of their players didn't make it due to broken down car!!!! That really helped our cause. Sounds like Celtic still had a lot of fight in them though

Yeah to be fair to them sounds like they gave it a good go as they did on Tuesday night. Might help them for Saturday that 4 of their players didn't play at all.