Racing Chat - Tuesday March 6th

520 Southwell

Mimics Memory 9/4 bet365

made favourite last time out at Newcastle but was one -paced late on and couldn't land  a blow. She comes back here to Southwell where she has gone well and connections have added cheek pieces to try and eek out some more improvement. She's dropping down the weights and I feel this sort of race should be within her capabilities.

4:20 Southwell STORM KING  22/1 Ladbrokes  E/W Bet

Storm King as been running in some good races and drops down to class 4 off 79 today.His form on fibresand reads 21325 but that has been over further. He ran 4th in the November Handicap and his last run in class 4 was a winning one at Chester. I am going E/W as he has not been himself this winter but i Fancy this easier race off a winnable mark. 

Strange goings on with Betvictor this morning

I was looking at the 3.20 at Southwell for the competition and noticed that Betvictor hadn't amended their prices after the overnight favourite was a non runner

So in a 5 runner race with at least one no hoper you could still get 3/1 and 4/1 for the two market leaders

I didn't want to post my comp entry until I knew all the prices so I kept checking and it took a couple of hours for them to update ........ I was looking at the Racing Post and Oddschecker.

I don't have a Betvictor account so don't know if they were accepting bets for two hours at 'wrong' prices but you'd think someone at Betvictor would have noticed !