** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Welsh Open 2018

Fader

Unlucky with a 50/1 shot last week but we try again and the Welsh this week. Bit last minute as the matches start at 10am. Few outrights to look at first

2pts e/w M.Williams to win the Welsh Open 16/1 Boylesports
0.5pts e/w M.White to win the Welsh Open 100/1 Boylesports
0.5pts e/w X.Guodong to win the Welsh Open 50/1 Bet365
0.5pts e/w A.McGill to win the Welsh Open 80/1 Bet365

All in some form and in a tournament I am not sure we will see a surprise winner I feel. I'm not sure Ronnie is going to care too much here and a few guys at there home event should spark some interest.

3pts C.Yupeng to beat M.Allen 2/1 Betfair

Going to take a small punt on Yupeng to beat Allen. Allen still doesn't look like he has stopped celebrating his tournament win at the Masters. They have met 3 times and Allen leads it 2-1 but even the most recent win for Allen in this event was back in 2015 and only by the one frame. 

Pretty unlucky with Yupeng. In everytime and really should have been 3-0 up but nevertheless..

5.5pts J.Robertson to beat K.Maflin 8/11 Betfair
Jimmy is playing very well at the moment and has a 3-0 head-to-head against Maflin. Maflins form has been off the past year and Robertson has looked in recent times, getting to the Quarters of the German Masters and push Selby close in the Grand Prix.

5.5pts J.Lisowski to beat M.Joyce 8/11 Bet365
Lisowski is a big scorer and this small frame matches are great for him. If he starts well he could finish this match very quickly. One match in the head-2-head a while ago and Jack won 4-2. Another result like that I would expect here. Infact in both of these matches it wouldn't suprise me to see handicaps of -1.5 covered.

2pts Robertson -1.5 & Liswoski -1.5 11/4 Skybet

5.5pts Over 5.5 frames L.Wenbo Vs M.Selby 8/11 WillHill
2.5pts L.Wenbo to beat M.Selby 21/10 WillHill
1pt M.Selby to win 4-3 5/1 Skybet

I fancy Wenbo to push Selby tonight. There matches have generally been quite close and they share a close head-to-head. Selby looked patchy at the start of his last match but then turned the motors on. If he isn't in decent form tonight expect that to be taken advantage of. Very much on the cue of Selby. A saver 1pt bet on 4-3 Selby too.

So many big names out but we still have the likes of Ronnie, Higgins and Williams in. Everyone plays twice today and we will be down to just 8 players by the end of the day. Williams is looking decent and very good in patches for our outright. With his quality he should make the final, but the way it's been going you never know.

5pts G.Greene to beat J.Astley 4/5 Bet365
Greene looked really good against Murphy and although his last match was more of a battle, I fancy him to beat Astley this morning. They have only played eachother once and Greene won that 4-2 back in 2013. 

5pts C.Wakelin to beat L.Highfield 11/10 Betfair
Wakelin has won both the matches these two have played. He is playing some nice stuff and has already hit 3 60s and 2 70s in his 2 matches. Highfield got a walkover in round 1 and although he beat Ding, Ding handed it to him on a plate. Only one break over 50 for Highfield in that one.

5pts Over 5.5 frames - G.Wilson Vs M.Allen 7/10 WillHill
3pts G.Wilson to beat M.Allen 2/1 Bet365

I just think Allen isn't playing well enough at the moment. These 2 have played 3 times and every match has gone to a deciding frame (Allen leads 2-1) 

agreed, but Dott was first in on the first couple of frames yesterday so if goes up against someone who can get on the table and put a big score in each time, who knows. Problem is alot of players crap themselves just because it's Ronnie, also.

Greene 3-0 up, loses 4-3. Ofcourse. But, atleast Wilson won a decider. Meanwhile, Mark Williams went out with a whimper! Not long until the last 16. Kicks off at 7pm and of the 8 ties the one I like the look of is:

4pts M.Stevens to beat Y.Bingtao 15/8 Coral
I think Stevens has been excellent this week and just plodding along. Obviously he is a crowd favourite here and these two have never met but when watching him beat Bingham fairly easy you can see a fluency that Bingtao isn't matching at the moment in his matches for me, so I think this is a good value shot.

Well Stevens had him at 2-2 and should have won the 5th frame but he let it slip. Hawkins will beat Bingtao today and a nice price too. I will look at tonight's later. 

5pts B.Hawkins to beat Y,Bingtao Evens Bet365
4pts B.Hawkins -1.5 frames to beat Y.Bingtao 11/8 Bet365

Hawkins beat Yan in there only meeting in 2014. Yan is a much better player now but he doesn't look to be in great form recently to me. He made a few real poor shots against Stevens and wasn't really exposed for it. At 2-2 Stevens should have won. I think Hawkins wins here and will take the handicap also.

38 minutes ago, notanotherdonkey said:

Good luck with that one,I think it is looking like a Higgins/o Sullivan final.

It can't be mate. They play eachother today. Hawkins Vs Ronnie final I'd imagine. Although Higgins is looking good right now. 

I will leave Wilson Vs Delu but standard bet for the Ronnie match I think

6pts R. O'Sullivan -1.5 frames to beat J.Higgins 5/6 Skybet
4pts Both players to get a century 15/8 Skybet

If we were in Scotland, I would be taking a punt on Higgins as he is playing excellent but Ronnie normally beats John and he is looking awesome right now. Both these players have been winning via whitewashes but I think this one goes to Ronnie. He won the last time we played here 5-1 in 2014.

I'll also be taking a couple of punts on Skybet. Mainly because both these players are in such great form and I expect both to get in and stay in. I also respect both players safety so although not 3/4/5 centuries I expect one each.