King George Boxing day

Glentoby

Hello everyone,my first post on here for a long time and first using my original from Betfair and the Racing Post.I hope that those of you who remember me will appreciate that the end game is to help others where possible with opinion and where appropriate passing on information not always available to the general population.My first post concerns the KG which despite only an 8 runner field as it stands at the moment is a connundrum.

However why Bristol De Mai is 7/2 is beyond me despite the Betfair Chase at Haydock.I said weeks ago on the defunct Racecaller Forum that he could not win a KG  unless it was a furlong longer and he was in a horsebox.Of course now with only 8 runners and a couple of no hopers on known form I could be left with egg on my face and a hole in my pocket.

Even so I have not changed my mind about him despite finding it difficult to nail my colours to the mast for the winner.Unless Kempton gets the 20mm of rain forecast by one forecaster then I cannot see BDM beating Might Bite,Thistlecrack,Whisper or Fox Norton despite any question marks regarding all of them,the others should not threaten imo.

So the confident recommendation is to lay BDM for the win and a smaller lay for the place even at this stage as even if they get the full 20mm it will be nothing like Haydock.For the win on todays ground and even if they get the 5mm from the other forecast then Thistlecrack is the value for me despite his seemingly lacklustre performance at Newbury,his work since has been as good as ever.Not sitting on the fence although it might seem so but given so many question marks over the principles,the weather etc I cant go alt in on Thistlecraft.

That said if he was anywhere near last years condition they will not get near him,my confidence is all about laying BDM.Good luck whatever your bets,just fingers crossed my first post as myself pays off for any who take the opinion as valid.

Edited by Glentoby
spelling mistakes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.