Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here My luck has been quite good since I took a 5 day break a couple of weeks ago, until last night!! Playing on Full Tilt's WSOP qualifier - it started at 6.15pm and I was still going strong in 12th place at 10.45pm with around $90,000. Only the top 9 qualify!! Blinds were $6000/12000 I was dealt !){ ? and raised $48000 Big Blind reraised me all-in - I called. He showed [}} .%^( Flop came $$$$$&$$$$ [&] :::::&:::: Turn came """"&""""" Flop |||||&|||| :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall There were quite a lot of observers and they started posting comments - the first one was ' that's feckin shi'te - it must be a robot' :lol Another one started being abusive towards the victor! (as if it was his fault) :unsure I kept my composure and said 'nice hand, well done and good luck to everyone' :dude Then I went for a good :cry :cry :cry :cry Four and a half hours for nothing - I'm back to my cash tables tonight! :ok

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Heres my bad beat of the day, playing cash on goal poker $1 and 50c blinds. I bet $5 pre flop, had 1 caller, and then i went all in after the flop....again he called. badbeat4tg.gif Thats took me down to my original stake after being almost $60 up this morning:puke

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Cheers DAC... that's what I thought afterwards but still reckon the re-raise should have been big enough, especially at that stage and as I had been playing very tight on that table. Played it worse after the flop IMHO... the worst thing was I was sitting there thinking, be sensible don't get involved unless you have AA or KK and then AA came down! So I got involved and look what happened... Good advice though... hopefully I will never make that mistake again! :unsure

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Havent had a really bad beat in a long time so I guess I was overdue. No Limit Cash game, get dealt 66 Flop comes A68 I call his raise, Turn is Q, no flush possible. He raises again, I go all in. He goes all in and shows A6 Flop comes - Could he hit another ace - his only outs? Yes.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I had a killer in the private tourney last night. My KK all-in against andy's K 10 and Penelopeys JJ. Penelopeys hit trips to take the main pot and 4 clubs on the board gave Andy his flush to take the side pot.:puke

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I had 3 last night iin quick sucession and just decided to cut my losses and log off - I'm quite pleased that I know have the discipline to get the heck out of there instead of trying to chase losses and cards as I used to.

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I usually dont care for bad beats, but this one really fcuked me off :wall. Its just inside straight draw, so how tf can you put all your money in :eyes. Hand #251768146 at table: Table TH 72 Started: Fri Mar 31 23:29:38 2006 Argentína1 is at seat 1 with 22.36 vazzeg is at seat 2 with 9.80 LaVoz is at seat 3 with 3.96 gockel is at seat 4 with 12.52 heniek311 is at seat 5 with 8.55 LaVoz posts the large blind 0.10 vazzeg posts the small blind 0.05 vazzeg: --, -- LaVoz: --, -- gockel: --, -- heniek311: Kd, Kc Argentína1: --, -- Pre-flop: gockel: Call 0.10 heniek311: Raise 0.20 Argentína1: Call 0.20 vazzeg: Fold LaVoz: Call 0.20 gockel: Fold Flop (Board: 8s, 5h, Jd): LaVoz: Check heniek311: Bet 0.40 Argentína1: Call 0.40 LaVoz: Call 0.40 Turn (Board: 8s, 5h, Jd, Kh): LaVoz: Check heniek311: Check Argentína1: Bet 0.70 LaVoz: Call 0.70 heniek311: Raise 2.30 Argentína1: Fold LaVoz: All in heniek311: Call 3.46 River (Board: 8s, 5h, Jd, Kh, 6c): Showdown: heniek311 shows: Kd, Kc (three of a kind, Kings) LaVoz shows: 9d, 7d (straight to the Nine) Mainpot: LaVoz wins the pot of 9.12 with straight to the Nine (0.45 rake were taken for this hand) :@

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Not had a bad beat to speak of tonight, but need to work out a strategy for finishing MTT's. (Just a moan) Played a smallstake £2+£0.25 betfair MTT went out in 26th - not hitting any cards and still not comfortable going allin with T3o etc Folks came back from their dancing - were going out to friends and had to change cars as there was a problem with the lights. BB 2k and i have 11k. Sitout, nip out to the car and reverse it so they can go and i can put mine in the driveway. Waiting... Still waiting... (some swearing) "Oh, i had to make a quick phonecall" they leave - i go upstairs and 7 min later have 8k, BB 4k - and 3 away from being BB. No cards - short stacked and thinking of lots of uncouth words. Moan over. thanks for letting me vent. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here A $10 STT played a few minutes ago on Sporting Odds. I raised 4 x BB in late position with QQ and was re-reraised all-in by a short stack - I called - he showed 66 and hit two more sixes. I commented -"nice re-reraise with 66". This halved my stack. Next hand I tried to pick up some blinds and limps by going all in with AK again in late position, and was called by the same player - everyone else folded. He showed A5 and hit his 5. "nice call with A5". Just a moan to make me feel better. DC

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Not really a massive bad beat but shows why muppets are frustrating. I am one of the low stacks and approaching the bubble. Daz to my left is the BB and is also short stacked but more than me. I have had no hands throughout the whole tourney. Hardly played a hand. Get A6 clubs on the SB. Only Daz in the pot. Take my chance to buy with a half decent hand and up against someone who can't afford to lose many. Seems sound. All in for 1000. He thinks and calls for over half his stack. If he loses he has about 500 chips left with blinds at 100/200 turns over 4 8 spades. We he hits a 4 on the turn I think. Not a massive bad beat as A 6 isn't a great hand but it was sooooo much better than his! My problem is how come he called? What on earth did he think he was beating against someone who had sat next to him all through and been tighter than a ducks arse? Worst thing was... he was complaining about always being bad beat himself earlier! I fully understand that he may have suspected that I was trying to buy the blind. But he had nothing really to defend it with. Seems like an awful call to my mind. He could have hit the flush or a card, as he did, but he simply had to suspect he was behind. So why risk the majority of his stack, his whole tourney when folding 200 chips was the other option? He risked every thing on an 84! I know it was suited but 84? He must have expected to lose so why did he call? And why does the fixed SO dealer always give them the cards when they make bad calls! Had to get that one in!

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here joker 47 is at seat 1 with 1985.00 danno375 is at seat 2 with 995.00 Pier F. is at seat 3 with 995.00 ranowar is at seat 4 with 2035.00 Carlos n.3 is at seat 5 with 3915.00 ranowar posts the large blind 50.00 Pier F. posts the small blind 25.00 Pier F.: --, -- ranowar: --, -- Carlos n.3: --, -- joker 47: --, -- danno375: Kc, Kh Pre-flop: Carlos n.3: Call 50.00 joker 47: Fold danno375: Call 50.00 Pier F.: Call 50.00 ranowar: Raise 200.00 Carlos n.3: Fold danno375: All in Pier F.: Fold ranowar: Call 995.00 Showdown: danno375 shows: Kc, Kh (a pair of Kings) ranowar shows: Qd, Jd (high card, Queen) Flop (Board: Qs, Js, 6c): Turn (Board: Qs, Js, 6c, 9d): River (Board: Qs, Js, 6c, 9d, As): ranowar shows: Qd, Jd (two pair, Queens and Jacks) Mainpot: ranowar wins the pot of 2090 with two pair, Queens and Jacks

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Not a bad beat but just a feckin joke. .05/.10 NL cash game in big blind holding 2-2 Minimum raise under the gun with 1 caller. i call. Flop comes A 3 2. We all move all-in. I have 3-of-a-kind 2's X has 3-of-a-kind 3's Y has 3-of-a-kind Aces. Took me an hour to go from $5 to $10, then I blow through it in 1 hand...

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here I dished out a bad beat to someone on the low limit cash tables....not enough of a brag but just enough for a disaster recovery from playing the two late night PL SNGs! I missed the point of this thread....I don't care! :) *** Export for: stereoman Game: Texas Holdem Game number: 747782312 *** Date: 4/6/2006 4:09:50 AM Game: 747782312: Table: Gleem Beam Normal Table No Limit 0.10/0.20 Rake: 0.30 Seat: 1 kris1000 Seat: 2 karnikl Seat: 3 555MCHO Seat: 4 andyFTM (Dealer) Seat: 5 W00TER Seat: 6 cowabanga Seat: 7 stereoman Seat: 8 puup Seat: 9 VioletTarga Seat: 10 pokergrrl19 ------------------ OpeningBetRound ------------------ W00TER : Posts small blind 0.05 cowabanga : Posts big blind 0.10 VioletTarga : Waiting for big blind stereoman : Calls for 0.10 puup : Calls for 0.10 pokergrrl19 : Folds kris1000 : Folds karnikl : Folds 555MCHO : Folds andyFTM : Raises for 0.40 W00TER : Calls for 0.35 cowabanga : Folds stereoman : Raises for 2.10 puup : Folds andyFTM : Calls for 1.80 W00TER : Calls for 1.80 ------------------ Flop ------------------ W00TER : Went all-in 32.50 stereoman : Went all-in 5.05 andyFTM : Folds W00TER : Receives returned betting money 27.45 ------------------ Turn ------------------ ------------------ River ------------------ ------------------ Showdown ------------------ W00TER [ JC, JD, 8H, 8D, 7D - Two Pair ] stereoman [ KD, KC, 5H, 5S, JC - Two Pair ] ------------------ Result ------------------ W00TER Showed Cards cowabanga Mucked Cards VioletTarga No Cards stereoman Showed Cards (Winning) 16.60 puup Mucked Cards pokergrrl19 Mucked Cards kris1000 Mucked Cards karnikl Mucked Cards 555MCHO Mucked Cards andyFTM Mucked Cards ------------------ Community Cards ------------------ [ 5H, JC, 8H, 7D, 5S ] ------------------ Players Cards ------------------ W00TER [ 8D, JD ] cowabanga [ -, - ] VioletTarga [ -, - ] stereoman [ KD, KC ] puup [ -, - ] pokergrrl19 [ -, - ] kris1000 [ -, - ] karnikl [ -, - ] 555MCHO [ -, - ] andyFTM [ -, - ] =================== He called a huge raise, outdrawed me severely and I beat 'im. OMG!! I still hate Prima though. :@ ....I'm up 12 cents for the night! :lol :rollin

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here doesn't get any better danno375 is at seat 1 with 1620.00 snus16 is at seat 2 with 2190.00 sutton13 is at seat 3 with 5290.00 snus16 posts the large blind 600.00 danno375 posts the small blind 300.00 danno375: Qs, Qc snus16: --, -- sutton13: --, -- Pre-flop: sutton13: Raise 3000.00 danno375: All in snus16: Fold Showdown: danno375 shows: Qs, Qc (a pair of Queens) sutton13 shows: 5c, 5d (a pair of Fives) Flop (Board: 5h, 2s, 3c): Turn (Board: 5h, 2s, 3c, 10h): River (Board: 5h, 2s, 3c, 10h, 6s): sutton13 shows: 5c, 5d (three of a kind, Fives) Mainpot: sutton13 wins the pot of 4440 with three of a kind, Fives

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Now anyone who thinks that I over exaggerrate that shite at sporting odds...... here we go again! romeor41 is at seat 1 with 2585.00 gingerslim is at seat 2 with 2060.00 danno375 is at seat 3 with 1150.00 pelox is at seat 4 with 1995.00 ukkio is at seat 5 with 2135.00 pelox posts the large blind 50.00 danno375 posts the small blind 25.00 danno375: 3s, 3h pelox: --, -- ukkio: --, -- romeor41: --, -- gingerslim: --, -- Pre-flop: ukkio: Fold romeor41: Call 50.00 gingerslim: Fold danno375: Call 50.00 pelox: Raise 150.00 romeor41: Call 150.00 danno375: Call 150.00 Flop (Board: Jc, 3d, 7h): danno375: Check pelox: Bet 100.00 romeor41: Call 100.00 danno375: Raise 350.00 pelox: Call 350.00 romeor41: Call 350.00 Turn (Board: Jc, 3d, 7h, 7c): danno375: Check pelox: Bet 150.00 romeor41: Raise 900.00 danno375: All in pelox: All in romeor41: Call 1545.00 Showdown: romeor41 shows: 10d, Jh (two pair, Jacks and Sevens) danno375 shows: 3s, 3h (full house) pelox shows: 7s, Ac (three of a kind, Sevens) River (Board: Jc, 3d, 7h, 7c, As): pelox shows: 7s, Ac (full house) Sidepot 2: pelox wins the pot of 1740 with full house Mainpot: pelox wins the pot of 3525 with full house

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Phew - it really is you Danno :P that positive post didn't last long did it? (but it was enough to drag me back into this thread - wont make that mistake again!!! :P) But I have to say - is that REALLY the best you can come up with? It wouldn't be that unbelievable if it had happened in 2 consecutive hands - but an hour apart? Sorry mate - but that's just poker!!! If EVERY hand where you go in ahead and end up losing is worth a whine, then this thread would get thousands of posts (EVERY day!!) In Hand one - when the money went in you were an 80% - 20% favourite - you WILL lose 1 time in 5!!! In hand 2, when you were all in, you were an 85% favourite - romeor was a 5% dog and pelox was a 10% dog. If I didn't frequently get 2 "bad beats" like that an hour then I would be convinced poker was fixed - but as I do get them, then I don't believe it is!!!!!

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Not sure of this qualifies as a bad beat, but it pissed me off. Playing a 10 player STT this morning, down to the final 2, even stacks. I get a pair of queens, go all in pre flop, he calls, he turns over a pair of jacks. Nothing on the flop or turn for either of us, he hits a third jack on the river. :wall Game over thank you very much. Just playing the $2.00 STT's just now till I find my feet with this game, ITM rate of about 50% though, so I guess I can't complain too much

Re: Had a bad beat ? Come and have a moan here Fools - yes definitely qualifies as a bad beat - but I'm afraid that's poker - it will happen to you EVERY session you play ....... You did the right thing - you were ahead and you got all the money in - you were right and your opponent was wrong. Keep doing that and your expectation will be positive - if you could go back and change your action - you shouldn't!!!!! QQ v JJ pre flop is however only an 80/20 favourite (but you got better than even money - so nice bet!!!) - 4 times out of 5 it will hold up - but one time in 5 (not exactly remote!!) it will fall down ......... that is why the swings in Poker can be so large - but continue doing the right thing and you will win through....... The result is NOT important (in the long run) - your decision and whether you had good value on your bets are - that is what will determine in the long run whether you win or lose :ok