** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Staking Plans

Glad this thread was in a link in another topic as I was going to ask a question about a staking plan for my current attempt to win millions.

If I was backing 5/1 shots that were 6/1 how many units would I need to reasonably expect to cover a worst case scenario.

I started of with 20 units which I know is not enough but I was quite happy to throw a couple of £100  away to see how things go ( paper runs are not very exciting).

So currently betting £10 a horse, what sort of bank would be needed to increase to £15, doubt if £300 is the correct answer.

Would always drop back to what ever % of the bank is suggested.

Any Ideas?

Is Slapdash still about? he could probably give me an answer accurate to 10 decimal places!!!

16 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

At this sort of strike rate you are likely at some stage to encounter a losing run of about 40 so at £15 you would need a bank of £600. This is based on 1,000 bets.

So for £10 my bank should be £400.

If I got up to say £415 could  my next bet be £15 knowing I will drop back to £400 I would go back to £10. I think that would make sense.

No intention of taking anything out of the bank hoping for a  ROI that will allow me to increase stakes so that one day I can go to Macau.

Thanks for your input. 

1 minute ago, MCLARKE said:

You could. If that won what would you do next ?

Stick to the £15 until I got up to £620 or back to £400 and £10 bets.

Checking how many corners I can cut here, it's a bit like bending covid 19 restrictions.

Probably have given up by 3:15 next Wednesday or what ever stupid new times races are starting at these days.

5 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Good luck although I suspect that the inevitable losing run will catch you out at some stage and you will back to the £400.

Once I got to the £620 mark it would be a £20 bet but if that lost it would be back to £15 and then down to £10 if back down to £400.

I will always have enough for at least  40 bets unless my method sucks in which case there won't be a need for a staking plan.

Thanks for the good wishes.