** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Weekend > Dec 16th - 18th

aleagueodds.jpg.bedddbb84f7f61e33192e5ed

@jamiedavies02 and @vasilli07, some interesting results last week. The Sydney and Melbourne game proved a bit of an anti-climax but Brisbane Roar well and truly delivered.

Any thoughts on this week?

Over 2.5 goals in four of the five games last weekend. That's more like the A-League we all know and love.

@gogetta, have you ever been interested in the A-League market?

I'm leaning to Adelaide and Melbourne City for now.

Jets is a inconsistent team so I doubt they can back it up. I really don't think Adelaide has become so bad overnight. They will get Isaías back too. We all saw his importance in midfield when he was out today. 

Western Sydney created a number of good chances against Melbourne V but lacked a finisher. If City can create the same number of chances, I think they can punish Victory again. Rojas availability will be important to Victory as well.

My plays this week will be Adelaide draw no bet @1.76 and WSW draw no bet @1.86.

Both Adelaide and WSW will be playing 2 inconsistent teams and really should get a positive result. Adelaide is close to full strength so there is no excuse for them to continue their slump. Even if they don't win the title again but they should at least be able to make a playoffs run with the team they have. As for WSW, it's a decent value at the draw no bet option. WSW should have abit more quality than the Phoenix imo. Both teams lacked a consistent finisher but I prefer the WSW creators duo of Martinez and Jumpei.

8 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

Looks like the rumours are true. Amor is likely to quit Adelaide. The team looks like it doesn't care at all.

I don't understand how they can go from being so class last season to the diabolical mess they are now. Have they become complacent after their championship last season?

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I don't understand how they can go from being so class last season to the diabolical mess they are now. Have they become complacent after their championship last season?

They lost quite a number of their title winning players during the offseason. At the start of the season, they blame their poor form on the injuries to some of their starters. It kinda of show now that the injuries are not the only reason for their poor start, it's more of poor recruitment to replace those who have left. The coach future probably also play a part as it seems like they are looking to replace him with Roar coach John Alosi.