** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A > Oct 5th - 9th

brasilseriea.jpg.dae9a413e9541a19c48dd8c

It is close at the top of Serie A in Brazil after 28 games so things are starting to get interesting. A few teams that are looking good value at home. Botafago the only side away that look like they can pull off a win that isn't overwhelmingly expected. As @Paul Ross touched upon, Gremio are poor away from home but they are my Brazilian side and I have blind faith they can turn it around against a very average Vitoria side here! Even a draw would be deemed a positive result!

Brazil Serie A: Atletico Paranaense - Chapecoense

Atletico are 6th, six points behind Santos in fourth place, but with 4th and 5th meeting ( see above) they will close up on one or both with all three points this evening and given that they are 11-2-1 at home, where they have conceded only five goals and with 54% +home wins in the league, it is difficult not to see them as value to do so at close to even money ! They actually have very good fixtures remaining and their next eight starts come against teams with an average league placing of 12.62.

Chapecoense have performed much better on the road than we have come to expect from them in recent campaigns, but such is the way of these things, that their usually very solid home form has suffered ! However, their are safe(ish) in mid table, have a Copa Sudamerican two legged semi final this month and I would expect them to be selective about which matches they really focus on from here on in, basically the Copa and home games, where they owe supporters a performance or two.

Atletico are a fantastic 7-0-0 at home when level at half time and waiting for the break is definitely an option, but I will officially go with...........

Atletico Paranaense -0.5 ball 2.01 asian line/Sportmarket

from Clubgowi newsletter

23 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@gogetta, I've seen you've commented on the Serie B action. Any thoughts on Serie A?

Vitoria vs Gremio

Hosts have momentum. New coach Argel Fucks has  won three of the last four matches, with the latest a 4-1 away mauling of Chapecoense. He adopted an offensive posture plus strong marking from the start, with all four goals scored in the first half. And he keeps the same eleven for this game against Gremio; but expects a more intense, competitive and stiffer match.

Gremio's new coach Renato (hired two weeks ago) seeks recovery for his team, which has had three defeats in the last four matches. The latest was 1-0 away defeat to Cruzeiro, with the only goal of the match coming midway in the second half; otherwise the game was more balanced. But with two key players out on suspension (left-back Marcelo Oliveira and attacker Luan), Gremio's "struggling" attacking play has been further dented in this game . But Coach Renato's defensive scheme has been strengthened with the return of goal-keeper Grohe plus winger Wallace. I expect Gremio to adopt an even more defensive posture against a resurgent Vitoria. Under 2.5 goals

14 hours ago, gogetta said:

Vitoria vs Gremio

Hosts have momentum. New coach Argel Fucks has  won three of the last four matches, with the latest a 4-1 away mauling of Chapecoense. He adopted an offensive posture plus strong marking from the start, with all four goals scored in the first half. And he keeps the same eleven for this game against Gremio; but expects a more intense, competitive and stiffer match.

Gremio's new coach Renato (hired two weeks ago) seeks recovery for his team, which has had three defeats in the last four matches. The latest was 1-0 away defeat to Cruzeiro, with the only goal of the match coming midway in the second half; otherwise the game was more balanced. But with two key players out on suspension (left-back Marcelo Oliveira and attacker Luan), Gremio's "struggling" attacking play has been further dented in this game . But Coach Renato's defensive scheme has been strengthened with the return of goal-keeper Grohe plus winger Wallace. I expect Gremio to adopt an even more defensive posture against a resurgent Vitoria. Under 2.5 goals

Bet won: Vitoria 0-1 Gremio

Figueirense v Botafogo

The odds dictate getting involved here as Botafogo are over estimated in my opinion.

Figueirense do draw a lot of matches at home but they have only lost 1 all season, so perhaps they've just not made things count as much as they should have done. Botafogo lost 8 away from home all season and on the ratings, right now they're poor to average on the road.

I believe if Figueirense had made things count in their home matches more this season, they'd be right alongside Botafogo if not higher, however the table doesn't lie!

Figueirense Draw No Bet @ 1.93 Betvictor

More here https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football