** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Prix de lArc de Triomphe

It's the arc this Sunday and one of my favorite races, what's your thoughts ?

I think the Japanese have a real contender this year in Makahiki, they always do well and they would love to win this race, he won the Japanese derby and has a nice pedigree that ticks a lot of boxes for the arc

Some critics showed up regarding his win in the Prix Niel but i feel connections knew exactly what they were doing and the victory was a bit cosy, the arc has always been the plan and i feel the Japanese have yet to play their full hand.

As always a very ultra competitive race and ruling out Mr O'Brien is always done at one's peril but the showing 6/1 with Makahiki looks a nice fair bet to me   

Yellow and Blue colours No-5 :ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nb85Fz_-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3K98OjjQVE

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

Personally the horse that stands out for me in the betting is ,,found ..the 10.0 on betfair looks huge at the moment .....found has collateral form with postponed and was beaten by him but this is a quicker track and will suit her much better ....also comes to hand this time of year and is out of Galileo which is perfect for the arc ......o brien will have her primed to perfection and females have a good record in the race ,...just looks vastly overpriced 

Found 10pts win 10.0 betfair 

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Personally the horse that stands out for me in the betting is ,,found ..the 10.0 on betfair looks huge at the moment .....found has collateral form with postponed and was beaten by him but this is a quicker track and will suit her much better ....also comes to hand this time of year and is out of Galileo which is perfect for the arc ......o brien will have her primed to perfection and females have a good record in the race ,...just looks vastly overpriced 

Valid points as per richard, Found is now 13/2 with Betfair 

Roll the Dice 

Just had a quick look at the horses entered without going into it at much depth.......let's see who turns up !

Just a general thought though

The Arc is the top race in Europe........the Arc winner should be the top horse in Europe or in the top handful

So I don't like going for horses that get beat quite often. If they're in the top handful of European horses they should be winning the races that are just below the Arc !

For example Found keeps finishing 2nd.........if she was an Arc winner she should be winning some of those races

So my shortlist of horses who win a lot......Almanzor (last I heard wasn't an intended runner), Postponed, Harzand, Makahiki, Order of St George, Left Hand

On 26/09/2016, 12:01:48, richard-westwood said:

Against the odds ....always finishing second ...booom ..you beauty!!