** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

All Blacks v Lions 1st Test

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Total match tries with Cantor have gone out a touch to 4.3 - 4.7. A raging SELL. Cantor offers Robinson handling errors at 5-8 with 10 points each time. BUY! Total points are 42-45, which, with my 19-19 prediction, I won't touch. Good luck guys. Go the draw!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Weather forecast looks terrible. 0c and rain!!! Could be plenty of handling errors, and be a forward dominated game. Oooppp yer jumper rugby - SCW must be loving it. Lions +8.5pts for me with this - twenty notes on it, and think we may actually pull this off:loon

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Rugby-All Blacks forced to change tactics as storm approaches By Julian Linden CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand, June 24 (Reuters) - New Zealand have been forced to radically change their approach to Saturday's opening test with the British and Irish Lions after forecasts of heavy rain in the Christchurch area. The All Blacks were planning to play an expansive running game against the tourists but the prospect of freezing temperatures and storms have prompted a re-think. "It's already in our mind-set that it might be raining and we'll have to play wet weather football, so we'll just have to adjust to that," captain Tana Umaga told a news conference on Friday. "I don't think it'll be an expansive game. It's going to be pretty tight, a big grind, I don't think it'll be a great spectacle for the supporters." All Blacks coach Graham Henry said the weather conditions would suit the tourists, who prefer a forward-based game centred around set pieces and he expected both teams would have to slog it out. "I think those who know the game have got a lot of respect for the Lions and what they'll be able to produce," Henry said. "Those who know the game, know it's going to be a huge contest." Despite their concerns about the approaching storm, the All Blacks have remained calm in the lead-up to Saturday's match. The pressure on New Zealand to win is mounting by the day from a rugby-mad public, demanding success after the All Blacks failings at recent World Cups. But Henry, who coached the Lions in Australia four years ago, said his players were aware of the expectations on them and were trying to harness the support in their favour. "It's a very good thing that rugby is the number one sport in this country. It's almost a religion and we're very lucky as a rugby nation to have that, so we've got to make the most of it," he said. "I think it's very important the guys can enjoy the contest and go out and express themselves and not been inhibited by the expectation of the public and the pressure of rugby being the number one sport in this country." Umaga said his players were also trying to keep a lid on all the hype but could not help getting excited as the match draws closer. "We're pretty relaxed and just looking forward to getting out there and playing. We've been training for a long time and we're pretty excited about playing," he said. "We'll just try and exploit any opportunity we can. I think that's the key if we do make an opportunity we have to cash in because there mightn't be many."

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Think you get this with a lot of the more minor sports, and lets not kid ourselves, compared with Soccer and racing, the two codes of Rugby are small fry. That in mind i don't think it pays for the bookies to stick out too much, so i reckon that is exactly what they do. Looking at the League stuff bet&win and Betdirect are first up with their lines on Mon/Tues, these often differ wildly, the others go up on Thu/Fri after the markets have settled down, and they are remarkably similar.

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Going against the trend. Lots of penalties should equate to regular chances at goal. No time to look at stats, but NZ games rarely if at all go under this margian in the recent proffesional era. They are ana ttacking team and dont know how to play safe and conservative. 2 unit over 36.5 @ $1.80 Centrebet

Weather update etc... Three hours out from kickoff and I can feel the tension building even 500 miles away from the ground. Haven't looked forward to a test match this much for years. First up - Brookes Centrebet has the Lions +12.5 @ 1.70 and +10.5 @1.85. NZTab has Lions +11.5 @1.75. Second up - Been working hard all week and haven't had much of a chance to check posts sooner but I haven't seen a thread this long/interesting on the lounge over the two years I've been a member. Great stuff guys. Third up - Weather looks like it will pack in at any minute in Christchurch which is likely to be rain and sleet. Last radio report I heard an hour ago had a storm just south of the city with strong southerly winds pushing it. My thoughts haven't changed from post #1 on this thread. I expect it to be close and dour especially in light of the likely weather. Still expect the AB's to edge it but feel they will struggle to cover the margins. Having a bit of a punt on this game as follows: 1pt Lions +12.5 @ 1.70 (Centrebet) 1pt Total points under 36.5 @2.00 (Centrebet) 1pt 1st stoppage Lineout @1.75 (NZTab) 1pt 1st Lions try scorer English @1.50 (NZTab) 0.25pt 1st scoring play dropkick either side @11.00 (Centrebet) Good luck all Cheers CK

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test thanks CK but I believe the Blacks are going to win and therefore gone New Zealand -9 @10/11 LADBROKES . Conditions are wet which could affect handling - I see The Lions kicking a lot of ball hoping for errors, IMO not the way to beat the Blacks.

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test Half time All Blacks are leading 11-0. The Lions have improved in the second half.It is difficult to see it though as the Lions have not performed in the first half. They were down to 14 men for 10 minutes - , if they improve the lineout things could change in running betting Stan James Lions are 12/1. , is this worth a punt? edit-get the score right:o

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test 8 starters from the 4rth place 6 nations team and 1 min in another troops on and procededs to mishandle everything coming his way.(raining I suppose if I'm being kind) Robinson's kicking up to his usual standard. Thank heavens we have Wilkinson in for his dependable kicking.....one missed pen and every restart down the throat of an all black....jeez.....one great tackle though :clap . In case I'm being too anti English Byrne has been poor too LOL. Just lumped on the Blacks -17 half time ...this can only get worse as Woodward's old chums tire 2nd half.:@ :(:wall :@:wall :( :@ :wall :(

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test 9 of his Dad's army clearly not performing badly enough :rollin Throw in another 2 and why not give Matt Dawson a go too...his performances on Question of Sport have merited a game :rollin 12 players from the 4th best team in the 6 nations ??? As a...well OK a little biased..Scot I just cant see why you would think for a minute that the players who were comprehensively outplayed by Ireland, Wales and France this year would compete with a good New Zealand team ? I wouldn't for a minute suggest any Scots starters but surely you build round the more successful Welsh and Irish sides. I pity any Southampton footy fans out there if this man takes a hand in your club Landed the Blacks(-17) but I didn't enjoy it :(

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test What a leonine load of rubbish. Can't remember one line break all day. What odds Lions to go tryless in the series? Suppose SCW will have to go Dawson, Wilkinson, Henson, Shanklin, Williams, Thomas, Lewsey in the backs. And throw the ball into the line-out himself. Grrrrrr....

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test The weather was terrible , so were the Lions , Jack was outstanding in the lineout , but the Lions should have changed their lineout tactics - which they did not. Why then did they kick everything ? I made money on this match but is little consolation for a poor performance , a lot of improvement is required if the Lions are to push the Alll Blacks. Lions only scored 3 points and did not come close to a try . cheers

Re: All Blacks v Lions 1st Test

what a rediculous team, how does robinson get in the team if shane williams is to small?! Cos hes english how does an unfit fly half get in the team at centre instead of a youngster who can tackle better, run better lines and kick to touch further? Cos hes english How does back get in ahead of martin williams after playing fairly well against one weak side? Cos hes english How is Kay even in the squad? Cos hes english How is Thompson on the bench instead of bulloch? Cos hes english How is shanklin, possibly the best back so far on the tour, not get in the squad? Cos hes NOT english Its all true guys Evan
i think i was pretty much right